Time Skip >>>

"Interrogate? No, we've already obtained enough information about that incident. This is a different matter." Agent Takao, a much superior agent as me but lower as Mr. Karasuma, tells me that what I was expecting was wrong and that this is another matter.

I was highly suspicious about their motives when we got to the association and was glaring at every officer we come across to.

But now that my assumptions were proven wrong, I let out a huge sigh and take some time to calm myself down.

"Don't tell me that you thought-"

"Agent Python?"

While the two of us were standing outside the chief's office, another agent went to call for me, interrupting Mr. Takao from finishing his sentence.

"Here, sir!"

"Mr. Karasuma now wants to see you." He said before coming out from the door and gestured me to come in.

What does he want to discuss with me, anyway?

But no matter. I nervously oblige to his request and went in the office.

As I was inside, Kayano was already sitting on a chair in front of Mr. Karasuma's table.

"Sir." I made gentle bow as a sign of respect to our superiors.

"At ease. Please, have a seat." He pointed to a chair that was at the right side next to Kayano's.

And so I did.

"Okay. I called the two of you here for a very important announcement. As you both see, Kaede's life was in danger a few months ago. Even with both the masterminds in jail, we still can't tell whether Kaede's safe for now, or not." Mr. Karasuma started explaining.

I wonder where he's getting at.

"And that's why, I decided, along with the authorization of the board, that Kaede Kayano will be under the protection of the Ministry of Defense Association."

What he just said shocked the both of us. Did I heard it right?

"So, that means...??"

"Yes. Kaede will have her own personal bodyguard that will keep her secured and safe throughout the day."

Well, I don't really mind that idea, but...

"Um, Mr. Karasuma? I'm not sure that I agree." Kayano decided to say her thoughts instead of being uncomfortably silent.

"Your reasons?" Mr. Karasuma asked her.

"Well, having a bodyguard sounds nice, but, then again, I won't have much privacy." Kayano said with a straight face.

True, that could be the case. Since Kayano's a girl, having a guy around her at all times might make the other people around her assume that he's her boyfriend or something.

I admit, the very thought made me a little jealous. Okay, much jealous. So I also agreed with Kayano being against to the idea, no offense.

"I thought you might never ask. But that's why I brought Nagisa with you."