Chapter 8

The Difference between Fake and Pretending

---

Normal POV

The two pretending couple stood before the apartment building as they arrived at Nagisa's apartment. The blue haired boy had eventually parked the car at the parking area somewhere and finally made their way to meet his mother, and introduce Kayano as Nagisa's girlfriend.

While on the way, Kayano had some second thoughts why Nagisa was asking her to pretend as his girlfriend. Is it just because of his mother? Or something else. She took a deep thought in it, on what would be the good reason why they're pretending right now.

But unfortunately...

Kayano's POV

"Were here."

I managed to get into my senses as Nagisa stopped walking and held me. I was kinda, really nervous and all but, I've played a lot of parts to be in love or to be engaged or anything that involves love, so why now?

"You okay? You seem a little bit nervous." Nagisa asked me worriedly.

"Oh, it's nothing. I'm fine really." I said out loud and pretended I was okay.

"Nagisa? Is that you?" Said a voice from the other side of the door. It was Nagisa's mother.

Oh no, I better get ready...

"Yeah, be there in a sec." Nagisa responded. "So Kayano, are you sure you're okay?" Nagisa looked back at me.

I didn't say anything but nodded my head as I've come to realize I was heating up. I was blushing so I had to hide my face.

Nagisa's POV

Kayano seemed a little bit nervous. I already knew she would react like this, but I didn't think that she would become this shy this easily. I mean, where was her previous special ability that she usually do without me worrying? Is pretending to be a couple put a lot of pressure on her?

Maybe I'll just have to apologize at the end of the day.

"Just stay close to me Kayano, okay?" I knew at the time when she responded she was okay, she was definitely not okay. So I had to do something to make her feel comfortable.

"Okay." Kayano whispered but it was enough for me to hear. She held my right arm as my left hand reached for the door knob.

"Wait!" As to my surprise, Kayano shouted before I could twist the door knob. "Before that..." She muttered after she shouted.

"Do I look okay? Does my hair look bad?" She back up a little distance to let me examine her. As the matter of fact, she looked good, as usual. Not when she didn't wear her pigtails.