Chapter 10 - Part 1

Commence Operation 'Last Assassin'

---

Nagisa's POV

I opened my eyes and the first thing I saw was an old fashioned ceiling. I blinked my eyes numerous times to see if I wasn't hallucinating.

"Oh, you're finally awake."

Then suddenly, I heard a voice from my left. I gaze to that direction and found a red haired guy smiling down at me.

"Karma..." I mutter his name.

"You feelin' alright?" He then asked me.

"Yeah, I feel a little dizzy." I replied.

I found myself lying on what I recall; a teacher's table. I see. So we're at the classroom.

"What happened?" I asked while I placed a hand on my forehead.

"So you didn't remember..." Karma sighed. Then he started to walk toward the door.

"C'mon, let's tell the others you're awake."

I widened my eyes, but without a second thought, I got up and went with him. He then opened the door and went outside first. Though the moment I came next, something—no, someone threw their arms around me. I almost lost my balance, but luckily managed to stand my ground.

"Nagisa!! Thank goodness you're okay!"

It was Kayano who threw her arms around me. I was quite surprised to her reaction though. It was like I just came back from the dead.

"Kayano?" I mutter her name before looking at the hallway where I found my classmates looking at me relieved.

"Nagisa! Good to see you back!" Sugino walked towards me as he held his arm up.

"Sugino..." I mutter his name as well.

I then looked over at Kayano, but then I found something in her clothes...blood.

"Kayano? Did something..." I paused.

That was when Karma intervened.

"Mister goody little two-shoes didn't remember what happened to him." He spoke. It was the same as what he said back at the teacher's facility.

"You didn't remember!?" Kayano brought her head up to look at me while still holding me in her arms.

"Remember...what exactly?" I sweat-dropped. I can't really remember, but judging from their actions and expressions, it might have something to do with me.

Flashback... (Normal POV)

"NAGISA!!!" Kayano kept screaming the name of her dearly beloved, dense girl-looking boy who was helplessly lying on the ground.

"NAGISA!!! PLEASE, WAKE UP!!!" She didn't lose hope, but it was no use. Nagisa didn't budge an inch, and there was a leak of blood coming out from his head.

Luckily, Kayano found Nagisa's phone lying next to him. She quickly grabbed it and called Karma for help.

Karma was not so far away so he got there for more like 3 minutes. And of course, with Okuda.