I was just getting ahead of myself. Yeah, I went ahead and confessed to him while he was still unwell. That was a bit selfish of me.

Maybe it'd be better that he doesn't know...

...for now.

"Oh, uh, n-nothing! Nothing really." I tried putting up a smile to reassure him, but in this case, he might notice that I was just faking it.

When I was lying, part of me was telling me that I should've just tell him. But the other part of me doesn't want to because it'd be selfish of me.

Now's not the right time to tell him about that. I should just wait until he—we finally recover.

"Really? I think it must be important, so, please tell me." Though on the other hand, Nagisa's curiosity was getting ahead of him.

But my answer is still...

"No, really, it's not that important. There's nothing I have to tell you." I faked another smile, but I just hope that he won't notice my false front.

"Alright then, if you say so." Then after a few seconds of doubting, he finally gave up and said that.

I'm sorry, me. There will be a right time to tell him that, but now isn't.

After I apologized to myself, I hear a familiar voice calling to us.

"Hey! Oh, so you're finally awake?" Then he switched his attention towards Nagisa.

"Karma?"

———————————————————

Switch back to Nagisa's POV

"They're looking for me?" I asked Karma after he briefly explained things to me, something related about the association.

"Yeah, and that's why I came to get you. Now come on."

"Wait!!" Before Karma could turn around to start walking and expecting me to follow him, I immediately stopped him for a reason.

"What about Kayano?"

We both looked at her with worried expressions and I feel utterly terrible leaving her like that.

"Ah! Oh, d-don't worry about me! I've got a few things left to deal with, so you two can on go ahead."

"Actually, I was also thinking of bringing you as well." As Karma mentioned this, both Kayano and I looked at him with surprise.

"Huh? Why is that?"

"It's best to remain that a surprise. If you wanna know, you should find out for yourself." And with that, Karma started walking.

I was having a little trouble understanding what he meant. Why would the association want Kayano to be there as well? All I could ever think that's possible is that the association might want to interrogate her for all the things that happened a few months ago.

If that's the case, I should be wary about this sudden calling and look after her.

"Come on." After we both exchanged confused glances at each other, I gestured Kayano to follow me and we both went where Karma was waiting for us to arrive.