Chapter 31

"You know you don't have to sit with me if you don't want to."

"Mila we love you and we like Lauren, she has been nice so far with us much to DJ's despair." Normani said with a smile, turning a little to smirk back at her frowning girlfriend.

"That is a low blow babe..." Dinah grumbled while Normani laughed. "But she's right, Jauregui isn't that bad."

"Besides you lost it last time you sat with her and I'm not repeating that." Dinah added more serious, while she liked Lauren (not that she would admit it ever), she was concerned about Camila and what the stupidity the student body could do to the girl.

"Fine, I will let you know that I Lauren isn't a talker especially when we are eating."

"Like we didn't already know that Chancho, we have hanged out with the girl a couple of times now and she is very restrained." Dinah snorted.

"Taking out night words babe?"

"You know sometimes I think you think very little of me."

"Mani is joking D, we love you and we know you are a smart cookie." Ally said defusing the situation before it turned into something else and they lost the opportunity for one sitting with Lauren and two eating lunch.

"Fine come and sit with us, please don't bother her too much. I know she enjoys her reading at lunch."

"I'll do my best." Dinah said earning a punch from Normani. "Jesus Mani, what is it with this abuse!?" A scolding look from the girl and Dinah sighed. "Alright I promise I won't bother her and will be on my best behavior..."

"Thanks Cheche I appreciate it." Camila smiled and walked a bit unsurely to the table were Lauren was already sitting on, eyes on a copy of Africanus not a tittle that the brunette knew.

"Hey Laur, can we sit with you?" Camila said softly even though the cafeteria was fairly loud and while the corner table was quiet to some extent in terms of student noise you could hear the cars running around the parking lot.

Lauren smiled brightly at Camila. "I mean I don't see why you would want to move from your usual table but sure Camz, you can do as you please. I don't really own the table despite what I think a couple of fellas here believe."

Mani chuckled and sat with Dinah to her right and Ally to her left leaving Camila to sit besides Lauren. "I hope we aren't bothering your reading, I know you like to read during lunch. Although you might want to eat lunch every now and then too."

"I'll eat later, this is fruit time for me. I just finished my apple and I'll eat later at home."

"Well this is a smart lady right here Mila, you see the girl doesn't stay and wonder about the cafeteria food. I mean with your cooking skills I wouldn't want to eat her either."

Lauren gave Dinah a tight smile. "The cooks aren't the issue, they do what they can with what they are given. Their budget is reduce in terms of what they can buy or order, it is hard to make a good meal without having good or fresh products. It is their fault the schooling system don't think food is important, as many other aspects of the education system."

"Lauren's right. I mean I've tried to bake on a budget and is much harder to get the taste I want sometimes it's actually impossible."

"Well today isn't that bad." Camila said wanting to defuse the situation as much as Ally did. Lauren knew the school staff, fairly well.

The comment while harmless in Dinah's view it carried much more weight with Lauren. Camila still remember the Tina the girl that had handed her the ice cream the day she went to the nurse.