Chapter 30

They had manage to finish cleaning with almost two hours left, that meant they had the beach closed for them to use as they pleased. The group hadn't expected the amount of extra hands that actually came, there had been a couple of people that came for a bit and left before it ended but helped nonetheless.

"We are free now to do as we please with the beach as long as we don't trash it again, have fun people!" Ariana yelled as the last trash bag was placed inside the dumpsters the city had provided them. The members of the club had stayed through all the cleaning as well as Lauren and the girls.

"I brought my surfboard Jauregui, are you up for some riding or do you have something else on that busy agenda of yours?" Ariana said with a smirk, some of them had started to finish the food left at the beginning.

"I'm all up for it, but I told Dinah here that I would teach her so we need to tackle that before we move on to the ocean."

Arian looked at Dinah with an excited smile and practically jumped on the taller girl. "I didn't know you liked surfing or the idea of doing it! I would've totally have taught you if I knew."

"Well I told Jauregui that my dear friends here and my girlfriend aren't fans of this type of activity so I haven't had the chance of trying it. I will say I've never done it before so bear with me."

"That's fine Dinah, I'll take the boards of the Jeep and we can start. Ariana can help me show you and if we are lucky you will get to ride your first wave today."

"What do you mean if I get lucky!?" Dinah said offended, like she couldn't manage to do something that seemed so simple.

"Oh believe me Fina it's harder than it looks." Ariana smirked at the Polynesian who huffed indignantly, "we'll see."

🌹

Turns out surfing is way harder than Dinah had thought at the beginning. In fact it requiere not only skill but a fair amount of athleticism, it wasn't like Dinah didn't do any physical activity but she wasn't an actual athlete so this was definitely more than she had bargained for.

"It's fine if you can't ride a wave today Dinah." Ariana said with a smile.

"Ugh... I genuinely thought I could learn in a day." Dinah rested herself on top of the board she had borrowed from Lauren. It was larger and that was supposed to make it easier, in Dinah's opinion that was a complete lie.

"If it makes you feel any better you are doing better than I did when I started, but then again I didn't have a great teacher."

"Sip it Grande, I won't complement your teaching."

"I was talking about Lauren but thanks for thinking of mine."

"How long has she been doing this?" Dinah asked curiously, it seemed like the girl was well versed in the sport. They were watching as she glided through on of the nicer waves they had gotten that day.

"I assume a long time, Lauren is known for doing stuff and never stopping." Ariana answered with a shrug, while she had been with the raven-haired girl she didn't talk about herself while they were together. Most of the things she knew about Lauren were because she had seen them personally.

"Do you happen to know if she's dating someone?" Ariana laughed loudly and looked amused at Dinah.

"Why do you ask? Your girlfriend is right behind us you know." Dinah rolled her eyes.

"Not for me dumbass, I was asking for someone else besides I don't recall Lauren ever being in a relationship at least at school."

"Not that I know of, but like I said there is a whole lot I don't know about her. The girl is a chest of secrets, I don't think I'll ever know her fully. Why don't you ask Camila? They seem close."