14. The Snowflakes in Her Hair

Начните с самого начала

“It’s here,” Noam’s voice dragged me back to reality and I looked at him, not really comprehending his words.

“Molly, you got my number. Please just call me any time. If... if you need someone to talk to. Come here,” he embraced me and I thanked him for everything. I think it was right to say I had gained a new friend tonight.

I watched as the red lights of Noam’s car disappeared down the road. My breath was visible in the air, because of the freezing temperature and I hugged my body tight, while the snowflakes slowly started falling. You could see the small crystal flakes elegantly dancing down from the sky, as they passed through the light of the street lamp. The first snow of the year. 

Niall.

Quickly I rang the door bell and smiled as I heard his voice. “Molly?”

“Yeah – it’s me,” I beamed at the stupid intercom, as I heard the buzzing noise telling me the door was open. Pulling my shoulder bag further up my shoulder, I pushed the door open and immediately felt the warmer air embrace me.

While the door clicked closed behind me, I heard someone hurry down the stairs. Looking up the staircase I sat the bag at the first doorstep and there he came. My Irish guardian angel.

Jumping down the last three steps he finally got to me, grabbing me and hugged me tightly. I could feel his warm body through his t-shirt and rested my head on his chest. He did not even flinch at the coldness I had brought with me. “Molly,” he whispered in my hair with his perfect Irish accent. There was no other place in the world I wanted to be right now.

x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x

The only time he had let go of my hand, was when I pulled off the jacket and hoodie, other than that he had kept a hold of my hand, brushing the back of it all the time. I did not mind though, I was just glad to have the blonde boy next to me.

Pulling me to the couch, he looked worried at me. Lightly touching my lips with his thumb, as to make me talk.

“Niall, I have to tell you; I am a mess. I am a complete mess and I don’t want you to be tangled and caught up here with me. I am so sorry, that I am such an idiot, who can’t fix her life or keep it for herself, but I just can’t and,” I trailed off. I was proud, that my voice did not break even though it was a tad weak. He had to know this was serious.

“Tell me,” those were his words. His ocean blue eyes begged me to inform him and let him understand. “Tell me everything, please Molly. I could help you!”

It was the determined look in his eyes, that made me decide in the end and the words just started tumbling from me.

NIALL’s POV 

The redness in her cheeks caused by the cold from outside was starting to take off, and the color of her lips was turning back to normal, as she started telling me. Even the snowflakes in her messy - perfectly messy hair - was starting to melt. You could still make out the trails of her dried out tears, as the mascara had blended with the salty water. She looked so vulnerable. Staring at my hands, our hands, while I followed the lines of her palm, she told me everything. It really seemed, as a river flowing over its banks. In the beginning she had been a little careful maybe even nervous about where to begin, but now the words came bursting out of her.