The Farewell

"Natsu, we... we made it!" Blond haired girl announced happily. Her clothes were torn, her body was bruised and covered in all kinds of injuries but she was still happy.

Happy everything ended with no one dying.

Her head and body turned around to look at her best friend. He was unusually quiet which worried her for a brief moment. As soon as she looked back her smile and happiness faded away.

The boy who played major role in this bloody war, the boy who saved everyones lives along with others.. his body was now glowing and slowly disappearing into the air.

"W-What's happening..?" The same girl breathed out as her heart started beating faster and fear crept back into her eyes.

"Luce?" the boy looked at her features with worry and glanced at his disappearing hand only to sadly smile at it.

"Natsu.. no.. please.." her stomach began turning inside her as pain filled her body. She quickly run up to him and tackled him into a hug.

She held his body tightly, not daring to let go. Her hysterical cry send shivers down Natsu's body, he just hated seeing her in this state and this time it was his fault, his heart squeezed at the thought.

"Hey.. Don't cry, Luce..."

"I can't! Don't disappear! Please Natsu, stay with me!" She cried out, with every word that came out of her mouth his body became more shallow.

"Take care of this for me, please.." he parted from her before pulling off his precious scarf and wrapping it around Lucy's neck.

"I need you to promise me something, Luce.." his head was pounding from holding back the tears. His arms squeezed tighter around blondes body before he spoke again.

"Promise you won't forget me, and promise you will continue to live your life to the fullest even if it means w-without me.."

Lucy narrowed her eyebrows and shut her eyes harshly from his words as more warm and salty liquid poured down her face.

"I love you, you weirdo, don't forget that either.." he smiled one last time as the overwhelming feelings inside of his heart became uncontainable.

She nodded into his shoulder before she couldn't feel his warmth anymore. Celestial mage fell to her knees and continued hugging his remaining clothes while her sobs soon developed into agonizing screams.

———————————————————————

did you like it?

i bet you didn't cry, but i do think you felt sad.. c'mon give me at least that