Reason To Live

I hate this!

I want to die!

I can't live with this pain anymore!

It's too much!

Someone take it away!

I can't...

I don't want to live like this!

Someone kill me!!

Please!!

A fist made contact with steady ground and it was crushed. Tears which held so much pain ran down Dragon Slayer's face as his mind kept screaming. He was in the middle of a mental breakdown as his father died right before his eyes.

"IGNEEL!!!" He shouted on top of his lungs in the air as his father began disappearing to the sky. The pain in his heart was unbearable, no one should ever feel like this, yet he did.

Happy was standing on a nearby hill watching in distressed, he couldn't watch his best friend and most important person in his life suffer like this, he knew he had to do something, and fortunately, and idea popped into his head.

He knew who wad the power of calming Natsu down in situation like this.

He spread his angelic wings and flied away.

Natsu dropped down on his knees and sobbed loudly as tears fell to the ground.

After few minutes Happy returned with a certain blonde in his little paws. Lucy's eyes widened and her heart twisted in her chest.

"Natsu!" She sprinted to him and wrapped her tiny arms around his upper body. She immediately began crying with him, she couldn't stand to see him in such pain. He didn't deserve to suffer like this, yet he did.

"Ahhh!!! Lucy..!" Natsu crumbled down and cried harder, all the blonde could do was tighten her grip around him and continue saying that everything will be fine. He strongly grabbed Lucy's arm and didn't let go.

~

"....how?" Natsu breathed after he calmed down just a little bit.

"Huh?"

"H-How could you go through this twice?"

Lucy was surprised by his question, but at the same time, she didn't really know the answer.

"I.. don't know.. I told myself that everything would turn okay at the end. And as much as I wanted to join them, I knew there were some people worth living for," she gently placed his cheeks in her palms as she kneeled in front of the Fire mage.

"I'm sure you're feeling the same as I did, I know you would rather die right now then feel all of this... but I'm sure there is someone in your life worth living for," she kindly smiled and tilted her head on the side.

Natsu widened his eyes as the sun shone right behind her, she looked like an angel who was always there to save him from his misery.

His palms were on her hands as he muttered, "Thank you..."

He realized Lucy was his reason to live...

——————————————————————

literally wrote this under half an hour XD

hope you liked this scrap

Have a wonderful day, bye bye ❤️