He shrugged to himself and started to whistle a jolly tune as he made his way back up to the Ice Castle.

...

Jake smirked at her.

She didn't really look exactly like Elsa. She didn't sound like Elsa. She didn't even act like Elsa. So she wasn't Elsa...that just gave him permission to get rid of her.

"Well, I'm not as powerful as when I have my staff..." Jake smirked and held out his palm, shadows curling around him, "But I'll take you out anyway."

Dark Elsa opened her palms, more shadows curling around the room. "I'd like to see you try." 

Shadows curled around the room, moving in and out threateningly, causing the starlight from outside to dance around like flickering lights from a cheesy horror film. The temperature dropped dramatically and their breath was visible in the cold.

A tense silence hung in the cold, dark air. They stared at each other, their bodies tense, waiting for the first to strike. Jack had manged to leopard-crawl away from the fight, nearer to Hiccup, Merida and Toothless. He desperately wanted to help them but he could barely move without being engulfed in pain. Their was already blood being shed.

Suddenly, Dark Elsa moved. It was so fast, Jake could even blink. She had formed a black dagger in her hand and sprinted forward, fast. It looks like she's going for a direct approach instead of hurling shadows at him from a distance. She sure had guts to do that.

Jake didn't have time to form something to deflect the attack so he ducked and went for a lower-strike. He formed a long sword and tried to swing it at her leg hamstrings. The hamstrings were always a good target when it comes to combat. They would hurt and bleed but at least it would cause the legs to stop moving. But she stooped low too and blocked her strike, causing her dagger to fly out of her hand from the force.

She wasn't completely defenceless but Jake took the opportunity before she could create another weapon. He didn't want to kill her since he knew Elsa was still inside so he'd just have to violently sop her.

Instead of her head, he aimed for her shoulder, raised his sword above his head and-

Clang! 

....

Clang! 

Jake fell to the ground, groaning in pain but still conscious. The attack had caught him off guard but it was only enough to daze. Dark Elsa looked up, startled, anger, excitement and shock on her face.

Flynn lowered Rapunzel's frying pan he had swung Jake with and kissed it, lovingly:

He raised Rapunzel's pan up at Dark Elsa, "Very helpful. Frying pans. Who knew, right?"

Hiccup, Merida, Jack, Toothless and even Evil Elsa looked at him in shock. Everyone seemed paralyzed for a second...until Dark Elsa started.

"HAVE YOU NO HONOUR?" She shrieked, her yellow eyes glaring at Flynn's terrified face, "HAVE YOU NOT HAVE ANY RESPECT FOR THIS BATTLE?"

"Uh..." Flynn squeaked and backed away, "Well, I have no idea what you just said..." ,here he attempted a friendly smile but wavered, "But I can tell your not feeling right at the moment..."

"YOU SHALL BE PUNISHED!" Dark Elsa screamed at him. Jack, even in his present state, wondered why on earth she was blabbing about 'honour of battles'. It's like old posh talk or something.

 "Nonono, wait!" Flynn raised his hands and backed away slowly. He nervously laughed, "I was actually waiting for Elsa to come out but since she's not here, how about we take a break and have some tea..?"

Dark Elsa didn't reply. She scowled at him with her frightening yellow eyes. Flynn tried one desperate attempt.

He cocked his head to one side as if expecting Elsa to be hiding behind Dark Elsa. "Yoo hoo, Elsa! I'm in a little trouble here so if you could, please just come out..."

Dark Elsa raised her hands and shadows swirled around, aiming for Flynn. His eyes darted around frantically as he looked for something to help him.

"Wait, how about a trade?" Flynn tried to bribe her and raised a prized possession, "...frying pan...?"

Dark Elsa ignored his last plea, actually relishing his fear, and pushed her palms forward, signalling the shadows to strike. She smiled and the shadows surged forward at him sharp as daggers. The shadows hit him at full force but they couldn't see the damage because they were too dark. He was lost in inky darkness.

Dark Elsa smirked as the darkness cleared. She was expecting a bloody ripped to shreds by her shadows but what she saw was something completely different.

Flynn creating a shadow shield with a black staff in his hands, completely unharmed.

"Oh, mama, I have got to get me one of these!" Flynn said in awe, staring at the shadows shield the staff was producing.

''Where did you get that?" Dark Elsa hissed, clearly annoyed that Flynn wasn't dead or at least terrified.

"I...borrowed it." Flynn shrugged in reply and then raised the staff at Dark Elsa, grinning, "On guard!"

Merida wanted to yell at him that challenging an powerful enemy that is your friend and also not even knowing how to use your own weapon was a bad idea.

But then she realized, this was Flynn and he wouldn't listen to her anyway.

"Your messing with the wrong person..." Dark Elsa smiled wryly, raising her arms slightly, causing shadows to creep up the wall. 

"Am I?" Flynn grinned mockingly. He then noticed the shadows and turned to Merida, who was the best fighter he knew.

He gulped and asked her, this time uneasily, fear crushing his confidence:

"Am I?"