Curly

For a moment, Jack and Rapunzel stared at the empty place where Elsa was moments before. And then Jack spoke with a sheepish grin:

"Woops...I think we lost her."

Clang! 

"Ow! What was that for? And where did the frying pan come from?!" Jack groaned and crouched in pain, rubbing his bruised head.

Rapunzel ignored his second question, brushing the pan off in satisfaction. "Is that all you can say, Frost? She's been kidnapped from right behind us!"

"Well, yeah..." Jack answered bluntly. He then looked up at the sky and seemed to be deep in thought, "Why do these kind of things always happen to her?"

"I don't know," Rapunzel shrugged and then tapped her chin. She smirked, "And Jake does have a thing for his Star."

At the mention of Jake, Jack's face clouded. His jaw clenched and his hands curled into fists, making Rapunzel step back a little. She never really saw Jack's true anger. He usually was the annoying git who threw snowballs at you.

"If he even dares to touch her..." Jack's voice trailed off but Rapunzel got the message. He was trying not to scare her but she could see the anger in his eyes (which always seemed to turn dark when he's angry).

"We need to find her." Jack said after a moment. He hung his head, his colorless was flopping over his forehead and shadowing the feeling in his eyes. Rapunzel bit her lip in worry.

"We don't know where she is..." She pointed out, unsure. She may not know him as well as Elsa does but she knew that he would jump into things without ever thinking. Jack was silent for a moment but then he turned back and grinned at her:

"We'll try anyway. Who knows...it might be fun."

...

 "I am so sorry," Hiccup sighed.

He ran his hand through his hair and felt it flop back down, brushing his forehead. Who cares if Rapunzel had spent 30 minutes fixing his hair for the party and then another 50 minutes 'examining' it. Merida was all that was on his mind now.

While she was unconscious, he had gently lifted her up (fighting he urge to kiss her and using a mouth-to-mouth excuse later), leaned her against a pillar (He still wasn't sure if it was strong enough) and tied her arms around it and making sure he had kicked her bow a safe distance away.

Right now, she was awake, trying to untie her hands from behind the pillar. Her hair was messily falling over her face and she still had the same dimness in her eyes. 

"It's obvious Jake had ordered her to get rid of us, right bud?" Hiccup sat down on a huge piece of rubble and stared at Merida thoughtfully. Toothless nodded his head in agreement.

 Hiccup rubbed his hands together and blew on his knuckles restlessly. He wasn't there when Anna broke out of her spell so he wasn't sure what to do. And, anyway, Rapunzel explained that Anna came out for Elsa. But Hiccup wasn't sure who Merida would come out for.

Just then a familiar voice rang out from the corridor:

"Whoa! Kristoff, I think it was Toothless we heard!"

"Oh Thor!" Hiccup shot up and stumbled around. He knew Elsa would not be happy if Anna found out. But how was he supposed to cover up a blown up wall and a girl tied to a pillar.

"I don't know Anna..." Hiccup heard Kristoff's voice, the sound of the couples footsteps getting closer,  "We shouldn't have left the party. We are the hosts, after all."