Jealousy

When it came to it, Alice had nothing but her suitcase to move. So, Tarrant took that and walked along, one pace behind her. He was glad that she had asked him to help. There was part of him that feared she would not.

But alas, she had and they stood now, in the quaint physicians flat, above the practise, surrounded by covered furniture and a single suitcase.
"Well, I daresay this shall suit me well." Alice announced and Hatter sighed quietly to himself. She deserved better than this. The paper was peeling off the walls and the carpet was stained in strange places.

Alice rather liked the lived-in feel of the home. She had been used to perfection with her house in England. She was just glad that this was hers. She took the coverings off of the armchairs and the table and chairs and finally the bed.

Tarrant watched her, as she went from room to room, removing the covers off of everything. He chuckled gleefully, until they were both stood in the bedroom, staring down at a rather sad looking single bed.
"Well, I suppose it could be worse." She stated cheerily and Hatter sighed once again. He would have to see what he could do for her.

Once they had dusted and moved her in, with groceries kindly supplied by the Queen, Hatter and Alice sat down to a pot of tea.
"I cannot believe that I have actually done this. I have moved her forever." Alice laughed in disbelief and Hatter sipped on his tea.
"Yes, I must say I was surprised. What are your plans, Alice. Surely you cannot want to be a physician the rest of your life?" He asked and Alice wondered.
"Well, you know, I would rather like to do that. I would like to travel and see more of Wonderland and make new friends and set up some sort of life for myself. But I believe treating people will be for me a bit like what making hats is for you." She tried to explain it to him and he nodded, not quite understanding how anything could be quite like making hats.

When it came time to say goodbye, Hatter stood, with his hat in his hands and looked up at Alice, a fully independent woman now.
"Well, I suppose that is it." He said and Alice approached him.
"Thank you, Hatter. I know I can always rely on you." She kissed him on the cheek and he felt his flesh become hot beneath her lips. He became flustered and laughed as he backed out of her flat.
"Well yes, of course Alice. You may always rely on me. Goodbye!" He called to her, before watching her close the door.

Hatter was embarrassed. But he didn't think of this long, as he felt his cheek and realised that Alice had kissed him. He smiled, wondering if this might be a common occurrence for them now and dearly hoped that it would be. He wandered back to his home, not thinking much about his whereabouts. When he entered he was struck with how sad Alice's place had seemed. He would have to help her, to spruce things up.

Alice looked out of her window as Hatter left. She had never been in this situation before, stood in a home which she owned, with a profession that she had for herself. She had not learnt surgery whilst training in biology. But she was sure that she could deal with the ailments that Wonderland would come to her with. And if not, she would have to request aid from the Queen.

Alice dusted the shop and checked that she had all that she needed in her cabinets. She worked in non-wonderland treatments. But she was sure that she could learn to administer the weird and wonderful medicines that Wonderland had to offer.

Her first patient was a pregnant woman. Now, Alice had a lot of experience in this department. She had aided her many female cousins through their pregnancies.
"Please, call me Alice." She insisted from the woman. The lady smiled, liking the looks of this young woman, compared to the lecherous old man who had been her predecessor. She wore a white apron with a blush coloured dress. It was all more inviting than it had been months before.