* 24 - Falling Apart

Start from the beginning

The blond laughed, "Was it really that obvious? And I tried so hard to hide it from you too."

"Try not calling me Brooklyn next time, shadow." Mia hissed, gritting her teeth and lifting one knee up, which easily hit Lloyd in the stomach, causing him to groan and fall back on his back instead, "Now, I'm only gonna say this once... Get the hell out of my boyfriend's body!"

"Make me," He challenged, holding a smirk and grabbing the redhead by the wrist, pulling her on top of him and kissing her on the lips passionately, "Tell me, you liked that, didn't you?"

But Mia wasn't having any of it, shoving him away from her, "Don't ever try to kiss me like that again, you monster!"

"Why not?"

"Because you aren't Lloyd!" Mia growled, pinning him underneath her, "Seriously... I told you to get out of his body! Now!"

The possessed Lloyd sighed, tired of her obnoxious attitude towards him and he nodded, "If that's what you want," A dark mist rose from the blond, freeing him from the shadow's control but that didn't stop the shadow from reaching towards Mia, who squeaked and ran off.

But unfortunately, her feet managed to trip over her own feet and she stumbled onto the floor, her face connecting with the wooden flooring. She groaned, her enemy lifting her chin up with a smirk, and his body disappeared and seeped right into her chest.

She panted, clutching her chest and trying to fight off the shadow inside her but it was already too late—the shadow was in complete control of her body. Opening her eyes, which had turned into a dark purple to replace her hazel ones, she stepped to her feet and chuckled.

Lloyd widened his eyes at the scene, still slightly shaken from being possessed himself, "Wha... What did you do to her?! Let her go!"

"Poor, Green Ninja," Mia cackled darkly, walking over to the bed and lifting up his chin with her index finger, smirking, "I'm afraid you won't be seeing your girlfriend ever again. The way I see it, you're too weak to be saving her this time. She belongs to us..."

The blond growled and slapped her hand away, "Stay away from me! Only the real Mia is allowed to touch me like that! And obviously, you're not her..."

"What makes you say that?"

The Green Ninja felt his hands shake, knowing this shadow had taken control of the one person he truly cared about. He wasn't about to let this happen—Shifting his eyes over to his possessed girlfriend, he noticed her walking towards the door to escape his grasp but he was too quick for her, grabbing her and slamming her body against the wall.

"Where do you think you're going, huh?" Lloyd dug his fingers into her skin, not wanting to look her in the eyes, "I told you to release Mia! She doesn't belong to you and she never did!"

The redhead didn't say anything, taking a breath and closing her eyes—it was like she was trying to fight off something. But before Lloyd could say anything, she opened her eyes but they had changed back to their normal color. She spoke towards him, "L-Lloyd...? The shadow... he's hurting me too much. You have to stop him!"

"Hey, hey... I will. I swear that I will," The blond told her, trying to calm her down and he frowned, "Tell me what I have to do? Did you find out how to do that?"

Mia nodded slowly, "Yeah, you have to... stab me in the stomach. It's the only way to free me from his possession. Seriously, I don't care how you do it, just get rid of him for me. I promise I'll be alright in the end. I can heal myself afterwards, remember?"

"Okay..." Lloyd frowned, not keen on her whole plan but if it was the only way to free her, then he would gladly do it for her sake.

She smiled warmly at him, right before the shadow took control of her and hissed in anger at the Green Ninja. She laughed darkly, "So, you think you can stab and rid me from the only person you've ever learned to love? Pathetic. You can't hurt her!"