Chapter 31

[Hey guys! Welcome back to a new chapter! Please make sure to follow my Instagram page for spoilers of this story! Its called @maira.rosex! I also give out tips on how to write or read your stories and give feedback! So please ensure to follow it! Vote and let me know down in the comments what you think of this chapter!]

_

I looked at Magnus, not really ready to hear what he was about to say but then again I would do anything to get Alec back. Magnus uncomfortably moved up and down. I knew everything that he was about to say wouldn't be something I would normally want to do.

"Magnus, what is it?" I asked a bit worried. Magnus's eyes traveled back to Faith who was in Jace's arms and I immediately understood what he was trying to say. I  quickly shook my head and looked away from Faith. The thought of putting her in danger killed me inside out. I was about to leave her for her own safety. How could I put her now in danger?

"Clary, Faith is really powerful and I am sure that she has a connection with her father too. If Alec were to see her, he might snap out of it. There could be a chance. Alec is still inside." Magnus said, trying to convince me. I looked down, not really knowing what I should say or do. What could I possibly do in this situation?

If I did nothing I could risk losing Alec forever but if I used Faith to get Alec back I could put her at risk. I sighed and looked over at Izzy, who was also looking in the direction of Faith. My heart ached and I shook my head.

"How can I bring our daughter in danger? Alec would have never wanted that." I said as I felt myself tearing up. Isabelle sighed.

"What choice do you have Clary? We know that Faith is powerful. She might be able to defeat Azazel on this one." Isabelle said and it made me feel angry. Faith was just a baby and they were already talking about how she could defeat a greater demon.

"Do you hear yourself? Faith is a baby. She shouldn't be put at a risk to defeat a greater demon." I said annoyed and Jace nodded.

"I agree with Clary. We can't just put Faith at risk. We don't have a guarantee that it will work. What it Faith actually gets hurt?" Jace asked and Isabelle sighed annoyed. She shook her head and stood up. She looked at me angrier than I had ever seen her in my entire life.

"You just need an excuse to not save my brother. What kind of a wife are you?" Isabelle shot at me and in shock, I froze. I had no idea how to reply back. I just stood there, staring at the furious Isabelle.

"Izzy!" Jace shouted angry. Isabelle looked at her brother with still the same furious expression on her face.

"What? If Clary wasn't here. Alec would be. Alec gave in so he could save this unthankful wife of his and now that she has a chance to save him, she completely ignores it." Isabelle shouted. By each word that she spoke out she was racing her voice higher and higher.

"Isabelle! Faith is a baby! If Alec had a say in this he would have disagreed. He is not that selfish to out his child's life before his." Jace shot at Isabelle. Izzy's face broke down and I heard her sobbing. She looked down at her hands and started to sob louder and louder.

"I just want my big brother back." She said while her voice broke down. She looked up with tears streaming down her cheeks. I blinked a couple of times and then looked down. I didn't know what I should say or how I should look at her.

"We will get him back but putting Faith at risk is not the answer." Jace said softly and walked with Faith in his arms towards Isabelle. He hugged her softly and Isabelle looked at Faith. She smiled softly whilst holding one of her hand.

"We will do it." I said and looked up. Everyone's eyes were focused on me. I felt like I couldn't even breathe at this point. I had no idea what could have happened to Faith and I would never forgive myself if she got hurt tonight.