The End?

(Cont.)

As I was finishing getting dressed, I was about to reply to the text, that is until I heard frantic yelling and beeping coming from outside the bathroom. I burst out, my belt still undone, plaid shirt only half buttoned and scanned the room. What was going on? Medical employees were running around and screaming words over the loud noise that were above my knowledge at one another. Nothing seemed to be wrong....then I turned my attention to the loud blaring noise; the heart rate monitor.

Zayn's pulse had stopped.

-

Liam's POV

I fell to my knees just outside of the doorway of the washroom. My phone slipped from my grip and fell to the ground, the screen shattering upon impact. This can't be happening. I felt tears escape the brim of my eyes; slowly and few in number at first, then endlessly and numerous.

I ran to his side but the medical staff pushed me away saying that I couldn't be there now, I may get in the way. So I stood a few feet back, watching everything, trying to take it all in. I stood there, dumbfounded, as a nurse, who was dressed in light pink scrubs, ran in with the AED. Another nurse, wearing dark teal scrubs, applied the pads to Zayn's chest. I could feel my heart beating frantically, as if it was going to explode any second. The machine spoke in a robotic voice:

No pulse. Shock ready.

I heard the doctor yell, "Applying charge, stand clear," and saw Zayn's body jolt. I couldn't take it; I couldn't bear to watch. My face fell into the palms of my hands and I sobbed. I could not hear anything, my vision was blurred, and my eyes were swollen shut.

This is all my fault. If I wouldn't have rejected him and yelled at him so angrily and instead, had a proper conversation, he wouldn't hate me and we wouldn't be here - he wouldn't be here... dying.

I buried my face into my hands once again. How did I let this happen? How could I? Liam, you're so stupid; the love of your life is dying and it's all your fault.

I had probably shed more tears than my body mass, while the doctors were slowly giving up; they were on their tenth shock. Each second that passed dragged on and felt like a year. It was getting hard to breathe, as if I were about to faint. I felt numb. I was suffocating. That was when I passed out.

-

I woke up in the chair I had been glue to for the past week. My head hurt like hell and my eyes were dry and swollen. What had happened?

The images flashed through my mind, vivid and clear, but in short scenes.

I showered.

Screaming.

Long, endless beep.

No pulse.

AED.

Zayn.

I chewed softly on my bottom lip worriedly and lifted my head up to see Zayn.

•••••

New cover design! I wasn't really diggin' the old one so I changed it.

Don't forget check out my other Ziam fanfic: "Fireproof" !!! (:

Vote/Comment/Follow x