Sparks

"What's your name?" I asked with a smile on my face. (cont.)

Liam's POV

"Danielle" The stunning young girl replied, the shy smile still resting on her face.

I returned the smile and asked if she wanted something to drink.

"No thanks," she said sweetly, "I'm not much of a drinker. Thanks anyway."

She's cute. I loved her tan, sun kissed skin, her wavy locks of hair, her eyes a soft hue of brown, and her red lips that were not too thin nor too plump.

We talked for a while, not stopping until it was almost midnight.

She was telling me about her love for dogs, when my phone began to vibrate in my pocket.

An unknown number popped up on my lock screen, which was a picture of Zayn I snapped before we got too drunk at the club that night. I pressed 'decline' and slipped my phone back into my pocket. I didn't care who was calling, it couldn't be more important than this girl I was talking to, could it?

Whatever, that didn't matter now. I looked straight into her eyes as she told me all about her interests. We decided to exchange phone numbers now, in case I got too drunk later, as I was only two drinks into the night, so I was still sober.

Talking to her took my mind off Zayn. Zayn. My mind clicked at the mere thought of his name. I began to think of him and memories of the brief time we were together flashed through my mind. I had dazed and was not listening to Danielle one bit, but instead I was too caught up in my thoughts of the raven haired boy I had fallen head over heels for. I was daydreaming of being with him, holding him in my arms, planting a soft kiss on his forehead before resting my chin above his head; I thought of cuddling him until we both fell asleep; I dreamt of waking next to him and his angelic features; I thought of his hazel, honey coloured eyes that had a hint of green and staring into them; I was fascinated by his cheeky smile that reached his eyes and when he laughed, he would scrunch up his nose and stick hi tongue out and his eyes sparkled like stars in the sky and-

A voice intruded my thoughts and they vanished into thin air.

Danielle had been talking about her career and how she wanted to be a dancer and choreographer...I'm not exactly sure what else, because I wasn't really paying attention. But she seemed like such a sweet girl, I couldn't possibly be rude to her and tell her that I didn't hear a single word she said, so I just smiled and nodded, not really knowing why I was nodding, but I knew that I had felt sparks fly and I had a crush on her.

My phone began to vibrate again; it was the same number who had dialed earlier but I didn't want to ruin the time with Danielle. Frowning, I declined it.

"Who was it?" She asked, a hint of curiousity in her eyes.

"Not really sure," I replied honestly. Although I don't think she believed me.

I glanced at my phone again, this time to check the time. 1 AM. As I did this, Danielle mirrored my motions and pressed her home button, illuminating the screen.

"Oh my! It's really late! Or should I say, really early! I've got to get going, I have work in a few hours! I'll give you a text and we can meet up soon, how's that?" She said to me, hurriedly with a nervous smile on her face.

"Of course, Dan!" I said as I stood up. I was metally punching myself in the face for calling her a male's name. Really Liam? Dan? You couldn't have said Dani? or something nicer than 'Dan?' I opened my arms out for a hug and leaned in to kiss her afterwards. "I'll walk you to your car."

I held the door open for her. Tucking a loose strand of hair behind her ear, I gave her a quick peck on the cheek and said, "It was a pleasure meeting you, my lady. See you soon?" I half stated, half questioned.

She giggled softly and said, "You too Lili."

My heart skipped a beat at the nickname.

With that, I shut her door and walked over to the curb. She drove off and I headed towards my car.

She was all I thought about for the next few days.

•••••

This plot is actually going slower than I would like soooo yeah (-; (-; (-;

Vote/Comment/Share x