All I Ever Need

A/N: I actually cried writing this...so yeah. ;-;

 -

Liam's POV

I woke up at 8 AM, traces of my dreams of Danielle lingered in my mind. Smiling to myself, I tried my best to recall them, as I was absolutely bloody terrible at remembering my dreams.

Still lying in bed, I sprawled my body all over the mattress, stretching all my muscles, yawning as I did so. I stood up then, debating, as I brushed my teeth and splashed my face with cold water, whether I should order room service or go downstairs to get breakfast.

I decided that I would go downstairs to get my breakfast today.

I regretted my decision right away when I walked out of my room door and found the boy with a face carved by angels sitting on the floor and a Vans (Off The Wall) SnapBack resting on his head. He was fast asleep, soft snores escaping his mouth that was slightly agape. My breath hitched.

Damn, right when I thought I was over him, I fall back in love with him even harder, if that was even possible.

Zayn's POV

I woke up to someone shaking me slightly, hearing a voice like honey saying, "Zayn? Wake up. Oh my. Did you stay here all night?"

I recognized Liam's accent.

"Hmm...?" I said groggily, still half asleep.

"Is there a specific reason as to why you were sleeping outside of my hotel room door?" Liam questioned, his voice sounding quite stern and harsh, as if he didn't want me here.

It was too early in the morning for me to handle Liam being rude and impatient.

I looked him right in the eyes, searching for any emotion, but all I saw in his beautiful chocolate orbs was annoyance and hatred.

Why was he being like this? Wasn't he happy to see me? I was overly excited and pleased waking up to his touch and his voice, but it seemed that the feeling was not mutual.

"I called you twice last night and you didn't answer, so I came to talk to you last night, but you didn't answer so I assumed you were asleep. This is important and I didn't want to miss you, so I just slept here instead." I told him truthfully. My eyelids were shadowed by dark circles underneath my eyes from a lack of sleep and my eyes bloodshot from crying myself to sleep. I looked at him sheepishly, awaiting his response.

"I didn't answer my phone last night because I was having a great time with a girl I met and happen to enjoy being around" he began. "And she just so happens to be interested in me as well, unlike a certain someone..."

He was referring to me.

"Liam, I came to tell you tha-"

"No no, don't tell me. I already know that you came to tell me you 'think you love me' and rip my heart out again Malik, but no, not this time. Not ever again." He half shouted.

My eyes were beginning to form tears at his words. It felt like someone had stabbed me in the chest and I could not breathe.

This wasn't how I planned it would go down. I had rehearsed what I was going to say and thought that Liam would come to me with open arms and a wide smile on his face that reached his eyes, but this was nothing close to what I had planned.

I needed to tell Liam how I felt.

I needed to do it now.

I felt my cheeks flaming, I knew very well that they were a deep shade of red. I closed my eyes, willing the tears to come back in and breathed a deep breath.

"Liam, just listen to me for five minutes. Five fvcking minutes is all I'm asking for, Payne."

Liam reluctantly nodded his head, closing his eyes in frustration.

I looked around, making sure no one was around and began. "Li, I know that I told you I couldn't love you before. And I'm sorry. I had a decision to make. It's been five days since we talked, which is five too many. I'm sorry for everything I've said. I came to apologize to you and-"

"Alright, you've apologized, now you should be going."

Liam's words rang in my head, I wanted it to stop. It hurt like I was being stabbed multiple times by someone I loved so much and couldn't do anything about it.

I stood there in shock, looking at Liam. How could he be so blunt and rude?

I was beginning to get fed up and angry. "Listen here Payne," I snapped at him, "First of all, my five minutes isn't up yet and I still have more to say. Second of all, why are you being such a bltch today?" I said to him rudely, the annoyance in my voice prominent.

He rolled his eyes at me and we stood in silence for what felt like ages.

"Fine." I broke the silence, "Don't answer me," I hissed at him. "I came here to tell you that I've finally come to a decision and to tell you that I have fallen in love with you. Whenever I'm around you, you emit a pleasant and safe auora that makes me feel loved, wanted, and needed. It's you Liam, and it always will be, forever and always. I have fallen in love with your chocolate brown eyes, your cute button nose, the way your eyes light up when you smile, the crinkles by your eyes when you smile, the way you look at me and the way you make me feel. And your smile, damn, when you smile, I smile; I can't help it, it's contagious, and I love that about you. I've fallen in love with my thoughts of you and the thought of being together; being able to call you mine. I just can't seem to get you off my mind. I've fallen in love with thoughts of holding you close late at night and whispering sweet things into your ear as we cuddle, letting you know how much I love you and that I can't live without you. I can't imagine a life without you, and I don't want to because a life without you isn't a life worth living. I've fallen in love with you and everything about you. I came to tell you that you're all I ever need, but it's obvious that you've found someone else now and that's great. I'll be on my way now."

(Listening to 'Half a Heart' writing this part and there are literal tears)

My eyes stung, tears about to spill out any second, the pain prominent in my voice. I looked up at Liam, seeing that he hadn't moved and that his face, still unsympathetic and hadn't changed, I turned and began towards the elevator, wiping my face with my hand so that I could see in front of me.

How did this happen. How did this go wrong.

This was supposed to be like one of those Disney movies, where it's happily ever after...or at least I thought it was.

I could no longer see in front of me, my unshed tears clouded my vision and made everything blurry. I wanted to cry right then and there, wanted to let my emotions out, wanted to be held by Liam's arms and comforting touch. Wanted to be wrapped by his body, telling me it's okay, not to be rejected by the boy I loved most, I stood there, wanting everything I couldn't have, wondering why I had fallen in love with a boy who didn't love me.

We always want what we can't have.

•••••

Here's the long chapter I promised! I meant to upload this last night, but my mum turned off the wifi ugh.

Literal streams of tears rn.

Vote/Comment/Follow x