Him or Her

Zayn's POV

I drove home, with a devil on one shoulder - telling me to run back to Perald - and an angel on the other - telling me to call Liam and tell him I loved him, more than anyone in the world, including Perald, and that I have chosen him over her...but I couldn't bring myself to do either of those things. Not right now, at least.

Maybe after a good night's rest I thought to myself. And that's what I intended on doing.

But my mind thought opposite and decided that I was to stay up all night thinking about Liam.

My mind flashed vivid images from early today and my breakfast date with Liam. His eyes weary and sad and his words replayed in my head like a broken record "I believe that fate has brought us together"

My heart fluttered at the thought of his sweet and well-thought words.

Liam could articulate himself so well, and the way he carried himself was...how do I describe it.

I was beginning to feel my eyes get baggy and glanced at my clock. 1 AM

Ok, it's not that late yet.

Then my mind repeated drifted back to thoughts of Liam.

"Call me when you've made your decision"

I remember the look on his face as he said this. He looked helpless and vulnerable, his dark chocolate orbs glittering as they began to tear. Liam had looked away then, I guess he couldn't stand to cry in front of me. But he didn't know that I was in the other corner crying softly, torn between the ones I love; the ones I think I love.

I tried to bring myself to call Liam, tell him that I love him more than anything, and that I wanted to be with him, that I got over my ex.

But I couldn't. I couldn't lie to him. I couldn't lie to someone I loved.

Do I love him?

Memories with Perald flashed through my mind quickly. I remembered the way it felt to hold her and how she melted into my touch. Ew, Liam would probably cuddle better my subconscious said. Then I remembered the time I took her to a fancy restaurant, our first kiss. Ugh, her lips felt clammy and dry. I absolutely HATE her lips. I bet Liam's kisses are waaay better.

My subconscious has a terrible habit of saying anything and everything.

I wanted to call Liam right then and there, but I couldn't bring myself to call him.

Sigh.

I clicked the home button of my phone, lighting up the screen. 3 AM and no text from Liam. I frowned and felt disappointment well up inside me. Then I remembered that I hadn't given him my phone number.

Liam face filled with sorrow and pain flashed through my mind once more. I knew those words were going to hurt him. I shouldn't have told him. Or did I make the right choice?

I tried to push these thoughts aside, but they would not budge so I fell asleep thinking about Liam and a question on my mind: him or her?

•••••

Short chapter and kind of slow... sorry! Xx

Vote/Comment/Follow x