Chapter 23: Jerk

Draco's POV

"Cho is absolutely amazing," the Weasley says in awe as I wake up. Harry looks at Hermione. She was staring out the window, looking very depressed. Harry then looks over to me.

'Talk to her!' I mouth.

Harry sends me a loving smile and stands up. "Hermione and I are going to chat for a little minute."

As they walk out, I glare at the Weasley. He frowns at me.

"What?"

I spit at him. "Homophobe."

"Hey," he knits his eyebrows together and sits directly in front of me. "No I'm not. I accepted you and Harry."

"Yes but you just can't handle the fact that your ex is lesbian," I state. "No wonder she broke up with you."

The Weasley scoffed and rolled his eyes. "Whatever. I got someone better anyway."

"You are so ungrateful, you know that?" My anger starts growing. He stiffens. "Hermione is a great person. She's smart, she's helpful, and she's very kind. You are the complete opposite of her. You disgust me."

That's when all hell broke loose.

The Weasley jumped onto me and started punching my face multiple times. My wings shot out from my back. I pushed him off of me, grabbed his shirt, and pulled him up so that his face was dangerously close (but not that much) to mine.

"Listen," I say as Hermione walks in and squeaks. "I'm not going to get in trouble or be avoided by Harry over you. I thought you were a nice guy. I'm obviously wrong."

I set him down on the seat. He whimpered in pain. Hermione scoots farther away from him. She sends me a look that said 'thank you so much'.

Just as my wings shrink behind my back,
Harry walks in, looking smug. He sits next to me, head in my lap, as I softly stroke his hair. The Weasley, still pale from the tiny incident, slides the compartment door open and leaves. Hermione bursts out laughing. Harry looks confused.

"What just happened?" He asked.

I shrug. "Ron's being a jerk."

The suspense is getting closer, folks. Wait and read along....