Chapter 1: Veela?

Dracos POV

"I'm a what?"

"A veela," my father replied, looking tired and sore. Him, my mother, and I just came back from Hogwarts. Voldemort, or the Dark Lord, was just killed by the 'Famous Harry Potter' boy, and most people were celebrating, others were crying over people that passed away.

"And what exactly is that?" I ask, confused.

My mother, sitting next to me, sighed and started explaining. "A veela is a type of breed that your father and I passed on to you when you were born. When you turn 18, you will get your inheritance and receive wings for protection.

"You need protection for a special person called a 'mate'. You can't choose your own mate, Draco, and if your mate rejects you, you die in the next 24 hours. So keep your fingers crossed.

"You will know who your mate is if they smell very nice to you. You must protect your mate at all times; if they die, you do too."

I sigh. "Wow," I thought. "Veelas are complicated."

The part when my mother said "You can't choose your own mate"  was not surprising. I am fine with dating any gender.

I obviously said any gender, which means boys, too. I came out to my parents 2 moths ago, when I just had to tell someone.

Then, a new thought brushed into my head. What if I'm paired with the Mudblood? Or the Weasley? Or......Potter?  I cringe just thinking about it.

My father and mother look at each other, then back at me. "Draco, you should go get some rest." my mother said.

I quickly ran upstairs to my room and jumped onto my bed. I was feeling a sharp pain, like a knife stabbing my back.

"What time is it?" I groaned. "11:57?! Shit!" I would be 18 in 3 minutes.

I just paced around the room, yelping every time I felt the pain and, 3 minutes later, I screamed.

A.N. YAY! First chapter down! I honestly don't know if this story will make any sense but I think it will. (That made no sense. I'm sorry I'll just leave now.)

Please vote! That will be greatly appreciated. 💕

Love Harry and Ship Drarry.

~Its_obvious