Twenty nine

My father left my mother when I was born. He didn't want a disabled daughter so he left us both with barely any money and refused to ever speak to us ever again.

There was complications when I was born which led me to be paralysed. I don't ever wish I wasn't disabled because I don't know what it's like to be able bodied. But sometimes I wonder what it would be like if I wasn't disabled and my dad was here. Maybe he could have protected me from James.

If I wasn't disabled then I wouldn't have Astro, my dog who literally saved my life on so many occasions. I owe her a lot and I owe my friends Lea and Chloe a lot. They tried to warn me about him but I was too clueless. Everything makes sense now.

He admitted to everything. He looked through my medical records and was some sort of disability creep. He likes to pick people like me because we are 'vulnerable and weak'. I didn't know any different. I thought he loved me, but clearly he didn't. He was a douche all along and now I have to learn to live with that.

I don't know where he is or what he's up to. Me, Lea and Chloe all decided to cut contact off from him. He's only tried to get into the house once and my mum was here thankfully and Astro looked after me as my mum called the police.

She feels terrible that she didn't notice sooner. I keep telling her it's not her fault and that we both fell under his spell but we're both okay now. We are just going to have to learn to live with it. Maybe one day I'll find another guy who is willing to care for me and my dog. I really hope so.

Maybe one day I'll finally meet up with my dad and ask him why he left us. I doubt it, but maybe it'll happen. I'm not going to hold my breath though.

But for now, I've got to keep on living and doing so with Astro and my mum by my side to care for me. Lea, Chloe and Bandit stay over a lot and we're always having sleepovers at each other's houses. Chloe even has a girlfriend now. She's pretty nice if you ask me. A very nice addition to the squad.

From here it can only go up.

The end