Twelve

I wasn't going to go to him. I was going to leave him and wait for him to come to me. I got into my pyjamas and ungracefully got into bed. I moved myself onto the other side of the bed, the side next to the wall. I fancied a change and it was always cooler on that side. Plus if James did come to me he didn't have to wake me up and climb over me to get into bed. But I wasn't sure he would come to be honest. It was around nine and my mum wasn't going to be home for an hour or so yet. I'm too tired to wait up for her but she'll understand. I put my music on and tried to get to sleep.

I had woke up in the middle of the night needing the toilet. I was just going to slide along the bed to the edge and get into my chair when I realised James had gotten in at some point. Well it's not like I can climb over him is it? No not really. "James." I say giving him a nudge. He groans and looks over at me. "Yeah." He replies with a sleepy voice. I can't actually believe I'm asking him this. "Uh could you take me to the toilet please." I wanted Jesus to come down and take me with him at that very moment. "Sure." He replies getting up slowly. He puts one arm under my legs and one arm on my back and lifts me up carefully. "Thanks." I say as he puts me down on the toilet. He goes outside and shuts the door. I do my business and get him back in. He holds me up as I wash and dry my hands and afterwards he carries me back to my room and into bed. "Thanks." I say feeling suddenly guilty. "Anytime." He says as he gets in bed beside me. He lays on his back and is looking at the ceiling when he says "I really am sorry you know. I feel like I've betrayed you or something. I know we're not together but I shouldn't' have played you like that yesterday." "I know you are James, I accept your apology." I move my hand across to his and he holds it. I didn't need music to fall asleep to that time, my head was relatively quiet and I just laid there with our hands together and I fell asleep in around ten minutes.

I was woken up with James frantic again. "What?" I say rubbing my eyes trying to get the sleep out. "I can't find my phone anywhere." He says looking around my room. "Check the sofa. You did throw yourself on there yesterday night." I reply.

While he was out in the living room looking for his phone, I managed to roll myself to the edge of the bed and then just waited for him to come back in. "Woah." He says rushing over to me. "What?" I say for the second time this morning. "You could have fell." He responds lifting me up. "Don't be one of those people. And I was finally thinking that maybe you weren't such a dick." He sighs and puts me down into my chair. Today he looked like he was wearing his clothes but they weren't the same as yesterday's. Maybe he had them in his car. I chose some rainbow leggings and a black hoodie today. What? Don't come at me for my fashion choices. I got changed while James watched cartoons on the television and eventually wheeled out into the kitchen to get breakfast. On today's menu was some sugar puffs. I poured a bowl for me and one for James, but as per usual I could only fit one bowl on my lap, so I called him in the kitchen. The counters in our kitchen were somewhat accessible for me but more for abled people. There was a counter which was lower to the ground over by the fridge with a sink built in, hence why I can do the dishes. And we put most of the kitchenware in cupboards I could reach. We ate our sugar puffs and then we left for school.

At school we met up with Chloe and Lea and went back to the corridor where we sat and talked before it was form time. I checked my timetable and saw we had art first. Art as in the lesson up the stairs. Yeahhhh.

We had been to form and now we are here, at the staircase I need to climb somehow. I had gotten out of my chair and put myself on the steps hoping I could find the energy to shuffle up them. Now James did offer to help me but I declined, knowing I had him as back up if anything failed. I had managed to shuffle up three out of twenty steps and I was loosing valuable energy. "James." I said knowing he understood what I meant. He carried my chair up to the top of stairs and came back down for me. We were near enough twenty minutes late for art but I honestly couldn't care. How do you expect a girl with no use of her legs to get up the stairs. We ended up getting into the class when everyone had already started the work so we had to ask the teacher what we were supposed to do. Stuff this.