Chapter 1

Walking down the lavishly decorated antique hallway, two young men were chatting in the midst of sparse human traffic. Both of them faded in the crowd with their uniform white collared T-shirts and well-fitting black suits. However, the shorter of the two was easily noted as a newcomer due to his skinny tie. The organization was not stringent on attire.

"So, welcome to TEA," finished the taller of the two.

"Thanks, Tom. I'm really excited to be here."

"Well, that's great to hear. We've been looking for new blood."

"Anyway I can help," Bob replied.
"I've been a fan of the Grimm Brothers for as long as I can remember. Their stories always spoke to me."

Tom paused, raising a finger. "Uh...which story in particular?"

"Ah, all of them! I just love the way they were depicted- there was a start and a finish. Simple and easy." Bob contentedly smiled with a nod.

Tom quietly looked at him with a slower nod. "I think you might like it here.... But, before anything, what do you think TEA is- my introductions and your orientation aside?"

Thoughtfully, Bob's gaze glanced about the paintings and busts in the hallway. "The Truth Exposure Agency is an organization made by the Grimm brothers to help keep alive the folklores told hundreds of years ago- and hundreds of years to come! We've now broken past racial and national boundaries and collect stories from Africa, Asia, and even the island countries!" He reported with eyes bright with excitement.

"Ah..."

"But while we're on the subject, I have to wonder why there haven't been a lot of women recruited in this position. I mean, I have my theories but they don't seem credible. This position only entails sharing tales with the world so..."

Tom motioned towards him with a hooked smile. "What are those theories?"

Bob straightens his suit. "It can be one of two reasons. One, this department is sexist."

Tom trips.

"However," Bob continues, unaware of his senior's blunder, "seeing that a report done last year concluded that more men applied than women, the ratio is conclusively tilted towards men. It isn't intentional. Two." Bob looks back at Tom. "This job was...unsatisfactory in their eyes."

It is.

"Meaning, at some point in time, manner, or speech, majority of newcomers- of which are women- leave."

Arms crossed, Tom nods. "Impressive."

"So, may I enquire which one of my theories was correct? I do hope it is the former since I cannot fathom why anyone would be unsatisfied with reading the original Grimm Tales."

Tom's brows both rise as he forces himself to otherwise appear un-humored. "Uh-huh. Why don't we enter this room here and wait for my other colleague, Kat?"

Tom guided to a large rectangular door on their right. It was of dark mahogany with carvings along its frame of flowering vines, thorns, and various creatures. Satyrs and nymphs peeked from the lower pillars of the doors which looked more like trees as they drew closer; fairies lingered along the top pane and the carvings of celestial bodies hovered over them. The door seemed to promise the beginning of an adventure to Narnia.

Bob pauses with his hand on the wooden carved door handle. "Kat? As in Katherine?"

Tom raises his hand, blocking his mouth. "Rule Number 1: If you want to keep your limbs, don't call her that."

Bob looks at the hand and back up at Tom before nodding. "Hm-hm."

"Good." Tom wipes his hand on his suit and enters through the opened door.