chapter 2

I haven't even stepped foot on the train when the insults start.

"Oh, I forgot we still have to share the train with her."

"Bloody Weasley! She still exists?"

"Oi! The mudblood's here!"

Pinching the bridge of my nose, I make my way to the train past the throng of families waving goodbye to students. I don't bother leaving my luggage in the engine's storage since I already know what the head boy assigned would say. And my expectations were proven right once I pass by it.

"We don't take dirty baggage around here," The  pesky Slytherin spits.

I roll my eyes, totally unaffected. I've been dealing with the likes of him for the past six years so I knew better than to open my mouth and retort.

After walking past full compartments and ones that were only occupied by one or two persons- I tried getting a seat from those but they obviously don't want me there- I once again find myself at the end of the train corridors where I always sat since my second year.

Students always made sure to steer clear from that spot, claiming they didn't want to smear themselves with traces of me or even breathe the same air as me so I was fine with camping there. As long as they don't bother me.

Though it's really dumb since they technically are breathing the same air I do.

I conjure a cushion for myself and fix my bags so that I could sit down and just doze off until the train gets to school, casting a concealment charm around me just in case.

I remember the first time I sat on this same spot like it was just yesterday.

My eyes were swollen from crying and my bags were around me, lying in different directions from where they were thrown by my 'friends'.

I remember being so young back then. Lost and unbelieving that I was just outcasted by my peers just like that when we bonded over quidditch and and the library just the year before.

I didn't accept the fact that there could be such a cruel side to magic.

And so I cried until the whole feast was over and as our house prefect scolded me for crying even though I was already trying my best to stifle my cries because everybody was glaring at me.

That's when I realized nobody wanted me there.

Because they realized that I was the only muggle-born in school.

That I was different.

And how odd and disgusting was that?

I close my eyes as I slump in my seat. At least I had my own personalized cushion with me. A comfier substitute of the train's hard benches. Too comfy in fact, to the point that another person wants to-

"-sit with you?"

Yes, sit with me.

Wait, what?

My eyes fly open as I feel someone's presence shift in front of me. They then widen once I see who decides to grace me with their presence.

June Jordan.

Gryffindor's quidditch captain.

Probably the most popular student in the whole of Hogwarts today.