Love After Life

My lovelies I think I'm gonna make this the last one-shot of the book. I'm sorry it's a short one but I hope it will be good enough for a last one. It's gonna be sad but sweet at the same time. Inpired by 'The Notebook' final scene. Take out the tissues because it will be an emotional ride. Thank you for staying in this journey with me. I love you all. Enjoy!!!

Meryl Streep and Cher had been in a secret relationship for 35 years. They came out to their families and the public on 2018. Since then, they had been the most adored iconic couple of the industry. For years the two had been in the spotlight for their careers and marriage. Finally, 20 years after coming out, they decided to retire from business. Those years were fun and they cherished every moment. Having lived a successful and joyful life, they were satisfied. Both of them aged together gracefully. The press always said Cher and Meryl would outlive them all, they practically did. Cher was 98 and Meryl 94 now in 2039.

Sadly, because of Meryl's anxiety, she had an attack and couldn't move so she was taken to the hospital. The entire family was there. Meryl's kids were worried about her because her attack caused her a stroke. Cher's kids were worried about their mother. Having Meryl in the hospital was really overwhelming and it scared her so much it was unhealthy. After every member saw her, Cher went in last.

She sat by her wife's side and took her hand, stroking her head and looking into those blue eyes, she whispered with a smile "Hi"

"Hi" Meryl whispered weakly returning the smile

"You gave me quite a scare" Cher said

"I'm sorry" Meryl said

"Don't be honey, shit happens" Cher joked to lighten the mood which she succeeded to do by hearing Meryl give a small chuckle.

"What if I have an attack and end up paralyzed? Never to move again" Meryl said

"I'll take care of you, I'm not gonna leave you, ever" Cher responded

"Can I ask you something?" Meryl asked

"What is it sweetheart?" Cher said caressing her hand

"Do you think our love can create miracles?" Meryl said softly

"Yes, yes I do" Cher answered, they were calm. They loved each other with their entire hearts and couldn't imagine their lives without each other.

"Do you think our love, could take us away together?" Meryl says

Cher caressed Meryl's cheek "Our love can do anything we want it to" she slowly stood up as she could and leaned in and gave her wife a sweet kiss on the lips. Tears were rolling down her face.

"I love you, my love" Meryl said

"I love you, my life" Cher said whimpering. They smiled at each other and without saying anything, Cher carefully moved to lie down beside Meryl.

With their heads touching and when holding hands, Meryl said "Good night Cher" and closed her eyes drifting in a peaceful eternal sleep.

When Cher felt Meryl's hand loosened, she let her tears fall. Her heart started racing from crying. She was already sick from worry, now she was overwhelmed with emotions.

Everything was already too much "Wait for me Meryl" she said before closing her eyes and catching up to her wife.

Sensing it had been too long, the family went in and found their mothers in each others arms and holding hands. It was a rollercoaster of emotions as they went to get the doctors. Nevertheless, they knew that Cher and Meryl were walking hand in hand together towards the light.

THE END

Don't forget to comment and vote!!!!