The Price Of Fame

I hope you don't hate me but this is not a happy one-shot. It's just part of every married life. Still I hope you like it Xx.

Cher took the weekend to go and surprise her wife on set. The minute she stepped on the 'Big little lies' set, things didn't go as expected. Meryl didn't like it at all so they went home to "discuss it" which didn't start well.

"Are you seriously not talking to me?" Cher said following her wife inside the house

"It's the same bullshit every time, so why bother?" Meryl responded clearly upset, putting her purse on the couch

"All this because I wanted to surprise you at work" Cher huffed

Meryl stopped her tracks and turned to look at her "It's not that, I try to be professional at work. You walk into the room and everybody is like 'Oh my God, it's Cher'. I know, I see her every day" she yelled

"You say it like it's a problem" Cher said

"It is when I am trying to concentrate on a script and people come up to me and ask how is like to be married to you. Guess what? It's starting to be a fucking nightmare" she fought

"You think it's easy being me?" Cher fought back

"Don't you dare pull that card on me, I deal with it myself" Meryl said "Everyone in the world knows your name, your career and practically your whole life. Yeah it must not be easy" she snorted sarcastically

"You think you are the victim here? You think I don't get bombarded with questions about married life with the great Meryl Streep? Well I do too and it drives me crazy sometimes" Cher said

"Sure, make everything about you, it always has to be about you"  Meryl argued

"It's about both of us Meryl, we go through the same thing" Cher exclaimed

"Well honey that's the price of fame" Meryl screamed

Cher's blood boiled "You did not just say that" she said in her normal voice, tears coming down her face "you know, you might have played a bitch diva in The Devil Wears Prada but it doesn't suit you in real life" after saying that she stormed of to their bedroom, leaving Meryl standing in the middle of the living room. After hearing Cher slam the door, Meryl broke down crying on the sofa.

Their social status was never a problem to them. Neither of them knew why or from where this fight came from. Meryl knew she shouldn't have said what she said to Cher. It was just overwhelming. Ever since they got married and came out publicly, the press had been constantly on their backs. Meryl didn't mind that everyone loved them but she was upset that after 2 years, people still made their marriage a big deal. She didn't mean to say to her wife what she did but Meryl had enough. At the same time, she didn't like to fight with Cher, everything Meryl wanted was to have a normal marriage. They loved each other but their words hurt.

Almost an hour had past and they still were crying in different parts of the house. Cher was heart broken, never had she imagine that hers and Meryl's icon status would effect them. It never had before so why now? She just wanted to have a normal marriage with the woman she loves. Things had never been this difficult between them. Meryl and Cher had always manage to work things out but she felt this time it had gone too far. Another half hour passed, they still didn't talk to each other. This hadn't happened to them before but their prides were stronger. Meryl had no idea what to think or do, she needed to think. She got out of the couch and sneaked to the bedroom. Meryl slowly opened the door and saw that Cher had cried herself to sleep. She grabbed the keys to her car, left a note and went out for a drive to clear her head.

A while later, Cher woke up, she got worried on seeing the time. Moving to the side she noticed the keys to Meryl's car were missing, that scared her even more. She grabbed her phone and dialed Meryl's number but it went to voicemail. Cher's mind had a million thoughts, none of them good. She went to the leaving room to see if Meryl was around and found the note. That was a relief but Cher was still scared that this fight could mess things up completely. She loved Meryl and had no doubt Meryl loved her but  she was scared that being a famous iconic married couple was causing a drift between them. Being recognized all the time by everybody was getting uncomfortable for them both. Cher sat on the couch, crying again, thinking about what to do which she had no idea. She only wished that Meryl would return so hopefully they could talk things out. Unfortunately in her mind, she was afraid to lose her wife after so many happy times together. 

Please don't forget to comment and vote!!!