"Now you know how I feel when people call me Cinderella." I wisely inform him. For some reason people at school love to bring up a connection to Cinderella whenever they see us together. It's really annoying and frankly I think it came from the posters a long time ago.

"It's settled then. We're not Disney characters!" He shouts the last part, using his hands to make a make-shift megaphone. We scared a few birds and an elderly couple walking but it was worth it. We laughed about it as soon as the couple was out of earshot.

Their faces were a mixture of disgust, confusion and shock. Needless to say, it was hilarious.

"Good, I'm glad we cleared that up." I loop my arm around his and we start walking away. "Now let's eat this chocolate."

------------

Half an hour later Aunt Ava and I were in the parking lot of the school. It was crowded from all the families dropping off their kids one last time. It was a bittersweet moment for most people. I was still trying to decide on what to make of it for myself.

"I can't believe this is happening." She adjusted my hat, trying to busy herself. Although I still heard the sadness in her voice.

"It's just high school graduation Aunt Ava, not a big deal."

"It is definitely a big deal. You've grown up so much and you're going to college soon and no matter what you think of it, graduating is still an accomplishment." Tears began to well up in her eyes. "I'm proud of you kid, and I wish your dad was here to see you walk across that stage."

"I wish he was here too." He's watching over us and has the best seat in the house.

My aunt gives me one last hug. "I think the graduates are lining up now. Don't be late." I smile at her and let her know where to meet us after the ceremony.

I followed the line of graduates in a sea of black robes. I pulled out my phone to text Derric and Edmon where they were when I bumped into the person in front of me.

"Sorry!" I was expecting the person to turn around annoyed but they surprised me with a hug. "Edmon, I was just about to text you."

"You look nice, I like your hat design."

"Thanks, it took me some time to piece it together." My hat had flowers around the border and a bow at the back with the message 'Onto the next adventure' in script. I pretty much just copied the Pinterest post.

"Have you seen Derric?" I asked, pulling out my phone to text him where we were. Edmon shrugged and shook his head, "I haven't been keeping an eye out for him." As you can see they still get annoying sometimes.

"Let's save him a seat." I suggested, making sure that I put myself in the middle of the two.

---------

Derric showed up a few minutes later look handsome in his blue suit. IT really brought out the light blue of his eyes. He greeted me with a short kiss and took the seat to my right.

"You look amazing." He tells me."Right back at you."

"I have a surprise for you later." He whispers in my ear. "I think you're going to like it."

"Can you guys cut it out with all the lovey dovey crap, some of us are waiting for the ceremony to start." Edmon butts in being impatient.

"We'll try." Derric tells him trying to be a peacekeeper. "No promises though." He smirked at me. Edmon did not appreciate the humor.

"It's hard to believe high school is finally over." Derric changes the topic. "We're going to college and expected to act like adults. Are we even prepared for this?"