"Now watch and learn," I raise my arms as she ties an apron around my waist and rolls up her sleeves. I smile at the way she makes me feel welcome and the tension on my shoulders eases up.

Each duo works on the task on opposite sides of the kitchen, while Aiden and Noah add spices to a big saucepan on the stove, Constance instructs me on how to knead the pizza dough correctly. "You have to put your wrist into it, don't be shy to show it who's in charge!" she indicates with passion and I laugh, turning to look at Noah who smiles sweetly when his eyes meet mine.

"So Maddison," Aiden speaks up, "How do you know this guy?" he points at Noah with a wooden spoon covered in sauce. "Are you from around here?"

"We go to school together, and yeah I've lived a few blocks away from here my entire life."

"You go to Westpoint?" he sounds surprised and I nod.

"Why? Are you a graduate?" I ask.

"Yeah, class of 2016." he replies, "It's weird, I don't think I've seen you before."

I shrug, "I've been told I have one of those faces that blend into the crowd. That must be it."

"Whoever told you that is a damn liar," Constance says, putting one of the pizzas in the oven and wiping her hands on her jeans.

"Bro," Aiden gives Noah a little nudge, "I think grandma is trying to steal your girl." he jokes and I laugh.

"Well, if you want her you're going to have to go through me," Noah stands between Constance and I, getting into a fighting stance with his fists raised. "Come on, bring it" he teases her as he ducks and dodges as if she was actually throwing punches at him, making us all break out laughing.

I turn to the counter that's attached to the breakfast bar and pour some tomato sauce on the already stretched out dough. As I'm getting it ready to go in the oven, I'm startled by a girl appearing in front of me on the other side of the bar.

She has olive skin, high cheekbones, dark eyes and fawn hair tied up into a tight ponytail. She's wearing a dark grey sports bra and matching leggings, a little white towel draped over her shoulders which she uses to wipe at the sweat on her forehead.

"Hi," I squeak, intimidated by her stern expression.

"Who the hell is this?" she asks without addressing me, as if I wasn't standing right in front of her, scanning me up and down with her brows knitted together and a disapproving look on her face.

"Maddison," I manage not to stutter as I introduce myself to her, stretching out my hand, which she stares at while remaining unmoving. "You must be Ophelia," I deduct, "Noah told me a lot about you."

"Funny," she says "he hasn't mentioned you to me once."

"Play nice, Lia" Aiden warns.

"Whatever," she scoffs, "I'm going to take a shower, let me know when dinner is ready," she says, disappearing through the hall and up the stairs.

"I don't think she likes me very much," I turn to Noah, thinking out loud.

"Don't take it personally, she doesn't like anyone," Aiden says, "I would tell you she'll warm up to you, but I don't want to lie." he laughs. Great, I'm already two points down on the scoreboard of family members who are disgusted by my presence. At least Aiden seems to be nice enough.

The weather tonight is perfect for having dinner outside, so we decide to set up the table in the backyard, under the wooden gazebo.

"Nice pool," I point out as Noah and I stretch out the tablecloth.