The highwayman

by;sleepyfaceandsnark (Sleepyfaceandsnark)

Summary:

The most dangerous thing a Highwayman could do was fall in love with the Inn Keeper's redheaded son.

————————————————

A raven haired man dressed in all black rides at midnight with his horse to match and a dark cloth covering his face as protection from the cold and his identity. A typical outfit for what they called a Highway man, though others referred to him as simply a thief. It's not really the life he wanted but it's what he had to do to get by. He rides to an old rundown Inn ran by a drunken landlord who was hardly ever home. The Inn is fairly vacant except for one room which inhabits the landlord's son with his beautiful red hair.

The dark clothed man approaches the Inn door and upon seeing it's panels boarded up, goes to the back where he knows the landlord's son stays.

He taps lightly on the window frame. 3 quick knocks and 2 delayed, a pattern they used many times before. Like magic the redhead appears in the window, his pale skin illuminating in the darkness.

"Ian," the dark haired man whispers.

"Mickey," He says back, grinning from ear to ear. "It's been a bit."

"Only a week," Mickey retorts.

"Seemed like forever."

If it was daytime one would see Mickey blushing but instead he did it secretly under the moonlight. "Any day without you seems like an eternity, Gallagher." Mickey says lightly but full of meaning.

"Missed you."

Mickey nods, taking that in. "So you gonna let me in or we just gonna whisper all night so your dad and his workers can catch us?"

Ian snickers. "No workers tonight," he says as he opens the window wider to allow Mickey inside. "Frank's out looking for other Inns he can run to the ground."

"Hmm and doesn't give a fuck about leaving here by yourself?" Mickey asks crawling through the open window.

"You met Frank?" Ian laughs. "He doesn't give a fuck about anything except money and booze."

This was all too true. The thing they both could always connect with was the fact that both their dads were pieces of shit. Though Ian has reassured Mickey that Mickey's own father wins that prize and Mickey couldn't argue with fact. Doesn't mean Frank's carelessness doesn't piss Mickey off.

"Well it's a good thing I'm here then, huh?" Mickey says standing up and grinning.

"I can handle it on my own"

"Sure you can, tough guy," Mickey sticks his tongue out and wipes his dusty hands on his pants. He looks at Ian then. Love, longing and lust in his eyes. He walks over to the redhead, his boots thumping on the hard wooden floor. He takes his gloves off as he walks, leaving them behind. He makes it to Ian and smooths his now gloveless hand on Ian's face, his fingertips tracing his jawline as his thumb caresses his cheek, moving down to his lips.

"Missed you too," Mickey says, looking into Ian's eyes before he closes them as he pulls himself closer to Ian for a kiss.

Their lips slam gently against each other's. Ian's then parting slightly to suck on Mickey's bottom lip. Their tongues threaten to escape until finally they're let out each dancing in each other's mouths.

Mickey shrugs out of his jacket as Ian goes for Mickey's belt. They walk towards Ian's bed Mickey leaving his jacket behind and Ian turns them around to place Mickey on his bed, his lips still not parting from the other man. He lays on top of Mickey as Mickey kicks his boots off. They finally part as Ian grabs the band of Mickey's pants and pulls them down the man's legs, then undoing his own.