Over My Dead Body

--Cooper--

I wanted to pull the trigger. I wanted to pull it and end this fucking parasite's life right fucking now! How fucking dare he try to take Eloise away from me?! Who the fuck does he think he is?! He's nothing right now! He has no power and yet, he still has the balls to come up against the Devons family?! 

I'm gonna kill that son of a bitch! I'll make sure you're humiliated before you die at my hands, King! I'll make sure you end up suffering until your last pathetic moment!

My eye twitched with a hint of hysteria. A maniacal smirk stretched across my face. The grip on my gun tightened like it had been practised for this moment for so long. And, now it was finally here...

"Hm, I can tell I'll enjoy this very much," I chattered under my breath. 

Eloise's eyes widened at the point of the pistol and immediately flung herself onto King's front. I furrowed my eyebrows in shock at her actions, and that panicked expression etched across her face as she protected King from the crossfire.

Is she crazy?! Does she want to die?! For him of all people?!

"Move the fuck out the way, Eloise! This man either dies quickly now or slowly later," I warned as she clung to him in desperation. How low she was willing to bring herself to for an absolute wasteman. Did she believe there was any future left with him?! The man who had kidnapped her?! The one who had started all of this?! She must not be of sound mind. Yes, that was what it was. The blood loss had altered her judgement. Eloise was smarter than to side with a lost cause like King over me. With a disgusted quirk of my lip, I traced my eyes back onto King. "Whatever this man has told you, it's a lie! He is only helping you for his own interests. Why else would he do all of this, Eloise?!" I bellowed over to her with my gun held steady. There's no way she'd pick King over ME

"He loves me!" She proclaimed firmly with a protective tighten of her hold on him. "For me! Not my value or a version of me, but me! And, that's all I want now."

Hilarity stretched my mouth in an incredulous grin before I cackled with sarcastic laughter. "Love you?! Is that what he's going with?! You think King actually loves you, Eloise?! Enough to throw away the opportunity to restore his power?!" I argued in neurotic disbelief. "You know who actually loves you, Eloise?! Me! Because once you back with me, I'm not give you away to anyone. Not even to you father." I shook my head with an erratic smile at my excitement to have my hands on her again. For what I had planned for her. "You're going to stay just with me. Somewhere no one will ever be able to find you again. Somewhere where nothing will bother you. Just you and me - the man who loves you just for you! That's what real love is, Eloise! That's the love I have for you! The love you need!" 

I'm going to keep you to myself. I don't care what happens anymore. I don't care who I piss off or what the consequences are anymore! I won't adhere to anything but you from now on. I won't keep my feelings under check for you anymore! Because you're all I need. And, I'm all you need. 

You. Eloise. Just you. 

That's why you need to move out of the way Eloise. You don't know what you're doing! I'm doing what's best for you!

Eloise's eyes as hazy as they were, glared at me with harsh intensity. I felt my confidence falter for a brief moment but kept my aim straight. "Go to hell, Cooper! I won't let you shoot him! I won't let you take him away from me! And, I'm never going to spend another second by your side!" She shrieked in defiance as my finger yearned to pull the trigger. I'll kill you if you don't come to me. I'll kill him and then kill you! I won't let anyone else have you if it isn't me!