Main Antagonist

UNDER EDITING PLEASE DONT READ ITS SUPER CHOPPY AND WILL NOT MAKE SENSE!

--Eloise-- 

A considerable count of time had passed by once I had decided to finally return to the rest of the party. To be honest, I wasn't even sure why I had come in the first place. What purpose did I have in coming? I should have just stayed in my room. But, I didn't want to keep wallowing, despite there being nothing else to do. 

I now drifted with no aim. No ulterior motive for what I did. What was I to do now, anyways? What was there left to do? Should I even do anything else? What was even the point? 

Uninterested in the cordial talks of these people, I headed for one of the balconies. I caught a glimpse of Jake as I shifted through the crowd. Besides the slight swell of red on his cheek - indicative of a punch - he was busy tugging a very wasted Nicki away from a guy she had been spewing some drunken nonsense to during her boyfriend's absence. I wonder if she knew? Nicki always seemed to have an idea of what was going on. Perhaps, Jake had outright told her. Maybe she simply didn't care. They seemed like the types to behave in such bizarre ways anyway. This whole world of theirs was something so foreign. I could never understand. I could never fit into it. And, yet...wasn't that where I would ultimately be heading?

I unfurled a breath as I stepped into the night air, subduing the chills running down my arms with fervent rubs. I had hoped to have this space to myself but there was a couple already going at it in the corner. One person was busy throwing up over the railing whilst another had passed out on the floor. I guess, 21st parties were the same no matter the status. 

The party was loud. Their ambient chatter could be heard even from out here. There were so many people. They all seemed to be around the same age as Connor as well. I wonder how people are able to have so many friends. I think this may be one of the biggest parties I've been to. 

So, so many people. And, yet it's funny. Even in a place like this, where I was anything but alone, I felt so lonely. So out of place. Like there was no one here I truly knew. No one I could call a friend. No one that I could entirely trust. 

I was lonely. Lonelier than ever before. 

Who here would look out for me just out of concern for my well-being? Who here would ever consider my best interests? Who here even saw me as a human being?

My breath iced as I exhaled into a passing breeze. It was a cold night. 

I dropped my gaze to assess the height of the balcony. They said that if it's three times your height, you're unlikely to survive. This had to be at least four times higher. 

"Thinking of jumping?" I cast my eyes over to a man who had seated himself on the railing to the left of me. He looked comfortable despite the possibility of him tipping over. "Don't do it, you'll survive. And, then you'll really wish you were dead." 

That cheeky grin he wore reminded me of Jake. But, Jake seemed a little less bratty with his. "Thanks for the sound advice," I monotoned whilst tilting my head back forward. "I'll keep it in mind." 

"You know, I wonder what your plan was with that whole fiasco back there. Care to share?"

"There was no plan. I have no more plans. The best plan in life is to have no plan. That way, there's no room for disappointment."

"Wow, how edgy of you. Though, I understand why you'd be in the shits right now."

"What do you want?"