A Lot On My Mind

✋️✋️✋️STOP YOUR READING HERE PLEASE, OTHERWISE THE RE-EDITING WILL MAKE THIS AND THE NEXT FEW CHAPTERS NOT MAKE ANY SENSE, TRUST ME!!! IT IS VERY MESSY AND UNDER CONSTRUCTION DOWN THERE! ✋️✋️✋️THANK YOU!!

--Eloise--

I wasn't sure how long I had been here. It was just the same cycle of eating and sleeping. Sometimes I would drift in and out of sleep, waking up in a sweat. I wasn't sure what time it was in the day whenever I woke up, but it didn't matter since I would promptly go back to sleep afterwards. 

Sometimes, King would be there and sometimes he wouldn't. I wasn't conscious enough to ponder about it for too long. Thankfully, each time I would wake up again, I could feel my fatigue lifting a little and my strength regaining. Though I was still too weak to do anything, really. King would still have to feed me. And, sometimes, I'd open my eyes to him patting me down with a towel. 

The gestures tried to welcome some delirious endearment in my chest but I struggled to shut it down. He wasn't doing this out of the kindness of his heart. He was doing this because I was of value to him. He had even said so himself on the night of the wedding. King keeping me well and polished was the same as when a man puts in the effort to keep his car in pristine condition. 

I was just a thing to King after all. 

I wanted to recover quickly so that I could leave. I didn't want to stay trapped in this hotel room with King and these conflicting feelings for any longer than I had to already. The failure of my missed opportunity to escape still hung heavy on my already clogged mind. The Truvens must have surely heard of it by now as well and if possible I wanted to get in contact with them quickly to discuss what to do next. 

I swallowed back on a dry throat as a cluster of nerves on my neck reacted to my anxiety. I had ruined their plan with my own incompetence. If only I had remembered the fucking tracker in my arm and somehow taken it out, I would have been free by now. 

Why? Why had I been so forgetful and careless?! It frustrated me to death and my weakened body only ached at the overwhelming heat of emotion I produced from it. 

Tears slipped down my face as I sniffled at my own helplessness and stupidity. I had to rely on others and yet I still failed to meet their expectations. I was afraid that the Truvens would decide to cut their losses and abandon me now that I had screwed everything up. 

King promised to leave Stephens alive but without a slither of doubt, they would interrogate him to near death. What if he finally lets it slip who was behind this plan and I lose my only lifeline in this? What was I meant to do then? There was no way I could do this on my own...

Another day passed according to King and my fever had reduced. It was still dizzy and disorientating but the strength had returned to my limbs a little. I could now shuffle around in bed and push myself upright without that much of a problem. Soon, I'll have the energy to regain my personality as well instead of just being an ailing patient that was in discomfort all the time. 

With recovery came an appetite. King allowed me to order food service when he was in the hotel room with me and informed me that he had booked the hotel room for another two days. After I was back to normal, we would return to that miserable manor of his again and announce the details of our lovely 'honeymoon' as King had described our absences to his relatives. 

Apparently, Delaware was every couple's dream destination for their honeymoon now. Every other decent place apparently had a friend of the family which could deny their claim of visitation to his relatives. What a hassle that bunch of nosy blue-bloods were. I could understand why King had no issues with separating himself from that family. Though, it would have worked greatly in my favour if his family had a reason to prod him with their suspicions about the legitimacy of this marriage.