Arrival to Transmission point

Start from the beginning

Then I remembered the plasma grenades I had taken back to the outpost.

"30 seconds."

I quickly took out the grenade and moved either closer to my target counting the seconds in my head.

As I hit 3 seconds in my head, I pressed the small orange spot on the grenade, and it immediately turned bright blue showing that it was ready to be thrown.

I quickly threw the grenade at the elite and manage to stick the elites arm just as the rest team started firing.

All the elite had time to do was scream before the grenade detonated with a bright flash of white-blue light.

"Reflect that" I shouted as ran over the dead body of the elite. I quickly found another grenade to replace the one I just used.

"Nice work," Dain said as he walked up behind me " that definitely caused enough commotion."

Boy was he right. With a minute our position was under a hail of gunfire. Just as the shade turrets started turning to fire on us, I heard the familiar sound of frag grenade going off and looked up just in time see the turrets secondary explosion go off causing them tumble off the tower.

That still left about, 20 covenant punks all around us who were less than pleased with us being here.

I took cover behind a crate nearby and started laying down suppression fire on the advancing Covenant force.

Out of desperation, I chucked all my remaining grenades blindly from behind the cover.

As I heard the grenades detonate I came up from behind my cover, firing short burst at every grunt I could find.

Just as things are looking up I hear a scream of pain from beside me. I look over to see a pick shard stick out of Dain's right hand.

I curse and quickly jump and tackles Dain pushing him from out in the open. Lucky for him it was only one needle shard that hit him, but the damage was still extensive to his hand.

Knowing he wasn't going to be able to hold his battle rifle with one hand, gave him my pistol and then quickly began to try lay down more suppression fire but in the little time it had taken me move Dain out the way the covenant had advanced on us.

I quickly ducked back under, reloading my rifle.

I take a deep breath and tighten my grip on the weapon. But as I soon I was about get up to open fire I heard a frag grenade go off. Followed by a lot of human gun fire.

I poke my head from under to cover to see Mark and rest of squad taking out the remaining Covenant forces.

________________________________________________________________________________________

"Nice of you guys to show up after we did all the real work" I joked as ran up greeted the rest of Raze squad.

"Good job squad," Mark said as Luke and Oliver came over followed Dain and his small force. "We had been trying contact you guys for awhile, but our messages were being jammed.

"We know the jammers over there," Dain said while holding his bleeding hand "One of my boys is trying to reverse it to boost our signal contact the main base since they destroyed our own communication when they attacked."

"Well, the Main Force is own the move attacking covenant at a structure northwest of here."

"So I have been told," Dain said as he started walking off "Well then these will be even more needed than"

I looked at Luke who only shrugged and began following Dain

"Do you now what this outpost is?" Dain asked as we followed " Its a vehicle depot" he said answering his own question when no one did.

"Where they build on planet vehicles" Luke added in

"Yes exactly" Dain replied, "Usually when the vehicles are done they are moved to the Alpha base in a transport but this is done in groups of three. However, because the base was attacked the last transport never got sent."

As he finished his sentence, we arrived at a set of big blast doors where he entered a code.

Soon the doors began to creak open to reveal three scorpion tanks.

The M808B Main Battle Tank, commonly known as the Scorpion, is the most common armored fighting vehicle employed by the UNSC.

Ceramic-Titanium armoring makes it almost invulnerable to small-arms fire and easily shrugs off standard ballistic and plasma weapons.

The tank also features a small crew size, one operator (driver and main cannon) one machine gunner, and while important material and VIPs can be crammed into the main cabin, up to four soldiers can safely be transported on the treads.

66 tons of destruction.

"These bad boys ought to help out St. Forge out in the attack," Dain said through a pained smile.

"You're telling me," Luke said running up and studying the tank

"Well I have two drivers here," Dain said gesturing to two his soldiers "and I was supposed to be the third but with this hand won't be driving time soon."

"Well Luke is our best driver so he can take control of the third tank" Mark spoke up

"Alright that's fine, I'm gonna stay here and try to get the jammer repurposed to contact Forge then, I won't be much help with a gun while my hands like this," he said raising his hand

"Well then let's load up and move out."