Hell level 3 Loaded : Defence

New items:

Needler

Fuel rod

____________________________________________

"FIRE!!" Ambros yelled as Covenant advanced to us. The turrets immediately started lighting them up.

The relatively small group of jackals and grunts who had ran in front of the Elite, who was still just standing out in the distance.

I held my fire and looked ahead; this didn't seem to be a very aggressive push by the Covenant. Their forces seemed to barely even coming at us. This couldn't have been what caused Sergeant Forge to have us lock down. I had seen scouting parties bigger than this. Something else had to be happening

I scanned the battlefield. They Covenant were already retreating from the base back into harsh snowfall out of sight.

"I told you there was nothing to worry about," Ambros said as he got off the gun he was on "Piece of ca-"

whump

whump

whump

whump

"Fuel Rod!" Some yelled

Five massive Blob of green energy slammed into one of the large remote control turrets

The Alien Fuel Rod. Their version of a rocket launcher. Though not as destructive as our own rockets, their quick succession fire and quick reload time defiantly made up for it.

"There" I yelled firing at the Elite that had been standing back earlier. He must have been testing the bases' defenses when he sent those troops earlier.

It sickened my stomach to think of a commander using his troops like that like there were literal pawns to be wasted.

Ambros turned his turret and started lighting up the Elite as he tried to reload his fuel rod.

I watched as the first few bullets bounced off the energy shields I knew each elite used during combat. Low-rank low shields I though as the elites shields failed and the high powered ammo ripped right through the body, the force of the bullets causing the elite body to skid back a little.

"The Left gun is down" the man in the room that I had taken up position up next to yelled.

"Dam it those bastards were testing us with that first wave and planned their attack to take out the turret on the side with the stairs leading up here" Ambros cursed "you boys not on the turrets, get your asses to left side and make sure none of those alien scum sets foot on this wall.

"Ambros I think I can fix it quickly if I get down there" the who been guy controlling the turret said

"Its too risky Jake, when they charge again you would be a sitting duck" Ambros replied

"And if there a large enough force were going to need that gun up and running" Jake replied, "come on I can do this."

Ambros took up his binoculars and looked out "You got five minutes then back up here."

Jake ran down the flights of stairs straight to the gun and immediately started working on it. Though the gun was smoking and sparking, it hadn't been completely blown up by the fuel rod.

I took up position half way down the stairs while two more soldiers ran down with Jake covering him while he worked on the turret.

He climbed the top turret using the ladder attached to the shaft of the turret and immediately started working furiously on the gun.