PIt stop before War

Hey, Readers. This is one of my shortest chapters but hope you are enjoy reading in any way.This chapter has no new equipment/items, BUT I go more detail with already mentioned. These are:

Plasma Grenades

And UNSC armor and HUD (Heads Up Display)

I Hope you enjoy it and Keep on telling me what you think of it. :)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Marines Hold" Geysers Squad Leader told us.

I looked around where we had stopped. It looked like it may have been a small outpost at one time, from the cover that was set up and the small building that was to our left.

I could see the building had obviously seen a battle or two from the black burns marks scorched across the wall; made by plasma weapon fire no doubt.

My study of the building was cut short when Geyser squad's leader opened up the holographic map on the ground.

According to the briefing, we had gotten earlier Raze squad would be headed even further east and from here.

I studied the map carefully and from what I could gather from it, we would have to cross a wide snow plain until we got to an enclosed area blocked off by nearby mountains. The mountains that prevent further advancement eastward seemed to go one for miles in both directions. On closer inspection I realized the mountains weren't completely straight across. In various places, the mountains made a small curve inward giving the area a small U shape in those areas.

And one of the small curves (one of larger/deeper ones) in the mountain range seemed to be exactly where my squad was headed.

"Alright squads, we all move out in 5" Geysers Squad's leader said "Good luck and give them hell."

"Woorah" we all replied while getting into our squad groups.

"Here Alex," Mark said while handing him a small metallic disk. "This is our holographic map, keep it safe, without it we could get lost immediately."

"Yes sir" Alex

"Everyone else take these and insert them into helmet HUD" Mark continued handing us each a small chip "These will allow us to see each other on the Holo map if we get separated.

"Alright we move in 2 get ready to move out on command," Mark said while going to the other two squad leaders.

"Well that's two minutes to check out that building," I said to myself

I walked into the dark building and turned on my helmet's lights and looked at walls that were covered in blue and red blood.

Then a strong stench that reminded me of rotten eggs hit my nose, and I instinctively gagged as the putrid smell defiled my nose.

The blue blood was definitely Grunt blood. Only grunt blood smelled so foul. I started backing out of the building covering my nose in the process, regretting ever walking into the building in the first place.

In my rush to leave the building, I hadn't looked where I was going and tripped over a small crate that was in the way and hit the ground with a thud.

"I hate gravity" I cursed as I got up. When I stood to my feet, I looked down at the crate that had tripped and was about to kick when something caught my eye near by it.

I bent over and picked up two small blue orbs that were laying on the ground. Upon further inspection, I see a small orange area on the blue orbs.

I almost drop as I realize that these are two Covenant plasma grenade. These dangerous things have killed countless humans in this war.

These grenades, when primed, stick to the target until they explode into a bright blue plasma filled burst of light.

And to make matter worst, the grenades have a timer that makes the poor soul who gets stuck have a few seconds to live and think about death before he explodes.

The grenade itself, regarding design and operation, is straightforward; the activation "switch" is located on the orange colored area of the grenade.

When thrown, the plasma begins to ionize to such a degree that if it comes into contact with a vehicle or individual, the plasma will start to burn into the surface and adhere until its detonation.

There is almost no way to remove the grenade when stuck by it, as it burns into whatever it hits. (Though I have some rumors before I left earth of an armor that can deflect anything including these grenades)

I look at them, contemplating taking them with me or leaving them.

My thought were interrupted by Luke showing up at the door.

"Where Moving out Seth," he said

"Alright on my way" I replied

I slip the grenades in my extra grenade pouch and see my HUD immediately update telling my I now have four grenades. I put my hand over the pouch again a press a small button on my armor that makes the grenade shoot out into my waiting hand, ready to throw.

A cool little feature in the armor making grenade throwing faster.

I return the grenade to the pouch and run out the building and regroup with the rest of my squad.

We seem to be the last unit to leave as none else other than my squad is anywhere to be seen.

"Alright Raze squad" Mark started "Let's move out."