Relic Escape

Hey Readers I finally gotten a new  laptop and embedding videos now works for me so I have put videos in some chapters (Into war , Hell Level 3... and Relic Interior )

Where I put  {~Videos~} is where in the story the videos are intend to be watched 

______________________________________________________________________

Boom

Boom

I can honestly say that the sound of an explosion had never sounded so good.

Boom

Boom

The only thing sweeter was the sound of Elites yelling as their bodies flew in every direction.

The reinforcements had arrived. And they were frigging tanks.

As the explosions finally died down, I moved from cover to greet the reinforcements to see too big ass tanks. And when I say big I mean these tanks were at least 5 feet taller and longer than the tanks I was used too.

But the biggest difference was definitely its main cannon. Instead of the single cannon, dual 120mm High-Velocity Cannons mounted in its turret.

"Big Tank," I said in awe to no one in particular

"That, my friend, is a Grizzly Tank," Andersons said from next to me "Those guns can easily punch a hole through almost any Covenant vehicle, and these babies can fire S1 canister shells to decimate infantry formations."

"I want one" I heard Luke chirp in from behind us.

"These were designed by Sgt.Forge. I would be amazed if that man could put together a table without help but if there is one thing he knows its machines of war." Anderson continued "and as for you request Private these things while quite effective are quite expensive to produce so don't expect to be getting your own anytime soon.

_

"About time, I was down to my last clip." Sgt Forge said as he greeted the Grizzly division. "but glad to see my babies in action."

"Sir Yes Sir" the Marine replied saluting

"Put the wounded in Troop Hog and let's get a move on people," Forge ordered

Though I hadn't noticed behind the two massive tanks were 3 troop hogs which were warthogs with an extra seating compartment instead of the mounted turret.

After helping the wounding; including Daniel Jake and Alex from Raze squad who's injuries didn't seem life threating, I was once again assigned to Professor Anders Guard in the centre of the formation. (Grizzly, half the marines, two of the troop hogs us in the centre the last troop hog the rest of the marines and the other Grizzly Tank).

"Damn," I thought to myself looking at Anders "This woman, who I doubt was more ten years older than me, took priority over even the injured. I was expected to fight and die before letting get so much as a scratch.

I internally sighed. I should have focused more in school.

I was so focused on my own thoughts I hadn't even noticed the light bridge until I stepped foot on it and the made the mistake of looking down.

Now I wasn't afraid of heights before there was just something unnerving about being able to see straight through the bridge into the abyss below.

"Come on Seth Keep a move on," Luke said as he slapped me hard on the back causing me to stumble forward slightly.

I have spent the entire day fighting alien bastards trying to annihilate my entire species from the galaxy, and nearly gotten myself killed more times that I can count, but stumbling on this bridge just shot past all of those to take the number place as scariest thing I've had to deal with all day.

I hate Light Bridges

"Hey Luke" I spoke up while attempting to slow my pounding heart.

"Yes buddy" he replied cheerily

"Go drive off a cliff."

The rest of the squad chuckled as finally continued my walk over the bridge.

_

After the terrifying trip over the bridge and quite peacefully walk to back toward the entrance I finally saw the white light of the sun's rays reflecting off the snow which meant this day was a couple steps from being over.

Then a small tone echoed through the empty hallway. Followed by the sound of metallic gears shifting and doors opening.

Followed by words I really could have lived without hearing

"Ambush!"

From both sides of the corridor, multiple pairs of hunters appeared and began rampaging through our forces.

Timing their assaults perfectly the hunters hit us from both sides and attempted to encircle cutting off our advance forward and well as back.

Then the doors opened again, and even more, hunters flooded in, this time rushing straight for the Marines closest to the tanks meaning the Gunners couldn't shoot the hunters with the main cannon without risking hitting the marines as well.

In the panic, the formation fell apart with the troop transport drivers speeding off toward the entrance of the structure and the tanks moving to our flanks to try and stop more hunters from engaging our troops, most of whom were just desperately trying to avoid the hunter's bondage shield and assault cannon.

Luckily for us Raze squad we had been dead centre with Ms Anders and Sgt. Forge so we were still pretty organised.

"Form up and Keep moving" Sgt. Forge "Professor Anders and the data acquired here need to get to the ship."

And with that, the squad changed formation into a makeshift diamond with the Professor and Forge in the centre and slowly advanced; choosing safety over speed and doing our best to completely avoid the hunters.

We moved our way through the chaos only engaging when absolutely necessary and picking stragglers drawn to Forges Command.

Soon the stragglers became entire squads assembling and following the orders of Forge as we pressed on.

Forge's command with like a beacon to our troops with more and more squads getting organised around him. Some attacking the hunters head on to distract them while others grouped to either sided us to ensure any new ambushes would hit them instead of us.

With their help we finally managed to finally reach the outside would again. The cold brisk air never felt so good. We continued forward toward a waiting Pelican in the distance.

Without missing a beat Forge and half of the squad loaded in the first Pelican while Forge radioed in for an air escort.

Turning back toward the mouth of the structure I could make out the two grizzly tanks making a barricade and blasting away at the seemingly never ending covenant horde holding them back as infantry tried to escape.

Though my mind was saddened by the fact that I wasn't going back in to try and help my comrades escape, my body was screaming at me to get off my feet and into bed, or it was going to give out on me.

As Forges Pelican took off, flanked by 4 Hornets, a second Pelican and we loaded finally ready to leave.

However quite unexpectedly the rear door began to close and seal and the pilot said something I hadn't seen coming.

"Prepare strap in boys were about to leave harvest atmosphere."