Into War

Hello readers Just a heads up when you a line {~Vidoe~} this is where the video is intended to be read 

______________________

  {~Vidoe~}  

As the Pelican shook from our entry of Harvest's atmosphere, my mind raced back to my graduation from the UNSC academy just a few short weeks ago. Months of hard work to be thrown into the hell know as war.

I was a recruit, fresh out of training, never seen any real action and couldn't even tell ranks apart. To tell you the truth, I think the reason they allowed me to graduate was because they needed more soldiers in the war against the Covenant. And I don't blame them either, from what I had been hearing, harvest was still in shambles, and the covenant wouldn't give up trying to take it over. They were unrelenting in their attacks planet side, and it was wreaking havoc on our troops on the ground.

I stared at myself in the visor of my helmet. A sixteen-year-old kid stared back at me his dark brown eyes filled with excitement and fear. A few years back I wouldn't even have been able to enlist at this age yet alone be on the front lines. Though being 5'11, I would have just lied about my age and joined anyway.

"Are you alright Seth" my squad leader, Mark asked me. I gave him a thumbs up even though my stomach seemed to be making its way to my mouth. I looked up at my squad. None of them seemed to be much older than me, including Mark, who didn't look much older than twenty. I wondered if any of my squad were orphans like me, who decided that they had nothing to lose and enlisted to help humanity make its stand.

Mark cleared his voice loudly as he was about to talk. Mark was slightly shorter than me, with brown hair and green eyes and a lightly tanned complexion.

"Alright, Recruits- sorry Raze squad" Mark said with a smile "we are being deployed to Harvest's surface to reinforce our ground forces to retake a supply base. We will be landing seven clicks south of the base to regroup with the rest UNSC forces. We will be under the command of Sergeant Forge for this mission. Remember your training and do your new squad proud."

"Hoo-Rah" We all replied. New Squad was right. We didn't even really know each other, just a bunch recruits that were thrown together literally five minutes before we were deployed.

My Stomach lurched as we touched down. I put on my helmet and grabbed my battle rifle and marched out the carrier with the rest of my squad. The bright light of Harvest blinded me for a few seconds until my eyes adjusted to it. I shivered as the cold air went up my spine. We were in the northern pole of harvest, and it was freezing.

I followed our squad leader as we marched through the camp until we reached a large tent we were told to wait.

While we were waiting, I took a look around. There seem to be around fifty soldiers of every race and gender scattered across the camp, either talking or preparing weapons.

I also saw just as many tarps laid on the ground that were undoubtedly the covered bodies of my fallen comrades.

I wondered if they all had family's, who would remember and miss them. My thoughts were interrupted by about ten people left the tent that we had been waiting at. In the lead was a man, in his late twenties with various pins and medals on his ballistic chest plate along with some burn holes that I knew came from Covenant weaponry. Attention was immediately given, and you could tell this was the guy in charge.

"For those of you who do not know me I am Sergeant Forge of the UNSC ground deployment force, and I shall be In command of the garrison for the for seeable future. Fall into your units and your commanders will brief you accordingly. We move out in ten."