Brief History of the Halo Universe (not story)

If you don't want to learn about the Halo history feel free to skip this chapter as it will not have any actual story in it.

Hello, Halo fans. This chapter is just some information the I believed could help readers of this story understand the lore of the Halo universe and explain some of the events leading up to Halo Wars (where this story begins).

If you are familiar with the Halo franchise or just want to get right into reading the story, feel free to skip ahead to the next chapter. (I will be explaining most of the things written here again within the story itself in lesser detail)

Firstly, Halo is an awesome game series originally developed by Bungie (now made by 343 industries) and takes place is the distant future in which humanity has perfected space travel that intern has allowed them to colonize various planets throughout the galaxy. (examples being Reach, Harvest, and Arcadia just to name of few)

There are 9 Halo games developed for console, 5 of which star one of the coolest and deadliest characters in gaming, Master Chief or Spartan John 117.

(Update: There are two new confirmed games Halo 5 and Halo Wars 2 )

In Chronological Order the games are:

Halo Wars

Halo Reach

Halo 1

Halo 2

Halo ODST

Halo 3

Halo 4

Halo 5 and Halo wars 2 (havnt beaten these two yet)

(Note Halo ODST actually takes place during the events of Halo 2 and is about the battle of earth but from the Viewpoint of an ODST Soldier and not actually during Halo 3)

The basic story of every game (except Halo 4) is Humanity Fighting a war against technologically superior Covenant Faction.

Halo Wars is where the story I write begins, but I plan to have all events from all games happen as the story goes along.

Of course to do this I will have to shorten the time between some of the games (the time between Halo Wars and Halo 1 is like 20 years)

Halo Wars is the only RTS (Real time strategy) halo game and does not feature Master Chief or any of the well-known Halo characters (though the Pillar of Autumn does make an appearance) and due to this Halo Wars is a lot less known than its FPS counterparts.

This is unfortunate because it still has the vibrate story that the Halo games are known for and I think if you call yourself a true halo fan you could at least know the summary of what happened.

Everything Below is official and from the Halo website and has been confirmed as true, though I have not gone into very much detail for some items as it would take way to long.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In the distant future (in which the games takes place), Humanity has reached a point of peace on Earth.

Earth is now United under The Unified Earth Government (UEG).

Now without war humanity looks to the stars and perfects space travel (including slip space travel which allows them to travel at speeds greater than light and cover vast distances relatively quickly),

This led to the easy visitation and eventual colonization of many other planets in the galaxy.

As mankind continued to expand planet to planet, the political and military power that the UEG once had begun to shrink.