Chapter Eight - A Simple Journal

Start from the beginning

"You know, this configuration was your father's. Father Black-" I cut Nick off.

"I'm going inside, find me when you're done." I snapped as Sabrina smiled awkwardly and Nick gave me a surprised face. I didn't give him a chance to react, I pushed open the doors to the Academy and went in abruptly. I suddenly bumped into a white haired boy who was standing around the statue of Satan. "I am so sorry!" I exclaimed as he chuckled.

"It's fine, my fault for standing around like a looney." He said. I took in his face and realized I hadn't seen him before around the academy.

	"Are you new?" I asked him as he nodded simply and responded, "I am

"Are you new?" I asked him as he nodded simply and responded, "I am. I just transferred here from the School of Witchcraft and Dark Arts over in Oregon." He explained as I smiled. He transferred from another coven just like me. He was so pale, with blue eyes and a well- structured face.

"I'm technically new too! I transferred here from Sale-" I was cut off by an arm slinging over my shoulder. I looked over to see Nick watching me with a serious expression on his face. I smiled at him as he gazed over at the boy who's name I didn't even catch. The guy looked at Nick smirking. Not even saying anything Nick pulled me away from the boy, the guy laughed and walked away. Stunned I turned to Nick.

"What's wrong? I was only talking with him." I stated as Nick raised an eyebrow and eyed me carefully.

"Lucresia, I don't know if you're aware but I can read minds sometimes and I definitely know when a boy thinks about you the way I should only think about you." He said softly as I noticed a sad expression flash on Nick's face.

"I'm sorry Nick, I wasn't aware." I said hugging him and he hugged me back. He pulled away and looked at me with a smirk.

"We have to get Edward Spellman's diaries out of the Sanctum for Sabrina." Nick stated as my face instantly fell.

"What for, Nick?" I asked stunned. If he was caught sneaking out a book, he could be expelled. Or even excommunicated from the coven, it didn't take a genius to know that

"We have to go through with what Father Blackwood asked of us. I know you think Sabrina's entitled but the Father said it was the Dark Lord asking. We can't deny the Dark Lord anything." Nick said as I rolled my eyes, I mean he's right.

"Nick, you're right! But he asked us to be nice to her... not for you to risk it all." I said as he looked at me with a real serious expression on his face. "I have to do it, Lu." He whispered as my face dropped.

"Why are you risking everything , for her?" I asked him but he stayed quiet. He was just looking at me as if I didn't ask him anything. "Would you risk it all for me too?" I asked him as he looked up shocked.

"Are you serious?" He asked as I nodded. "Well no, I wouldn't risk it all for you." He stated as my heart literally dropped down to hell and fell down on Satan's lap.

	"You don't understand, Lucresia

"You don't understand, Lucresia. I would risk it ALL for you, and I would die for you." He continued on as my heart came back into place. I smiled slightly as he sighed.

"I just don't want you getting caught, it's just something about her..." I trailed off. "It's just off, I don't think she is who she says she is." I said as Nick frowned.

"It's just a simple journal, I won't be executed for it." Nick stated as I nodded slowly...

"Whatever you say, I only worry about you." I said as he smiled and pecked my lips. "I wanted to fight that guy..." He trailed off as I laughed.

"For real! I've never been the jealous type but he just made my blood boil." He chuckled as I blushed. He was jealous!

"I didn't know you could read minds..." I said as he looked at me seriously and winked.

"I can, and I know for a fact you are crazy about me."

***

Heyyyyy, thank you all for over 150 reads! Unbelievable! thank you to the commenters too! and the voters! also someone added my story to a reading list and im so grateful...

Thank you for reading x