♦️ Chapter 38 || No Peeking ♦️

Start from the beginning

"No, stay!" Jake says softly wrapping his arms around me entirely making it impossible for me to get up.

"Jake we need to get up your mom said," I say softly into his shirt.

"Just enjoy the moment," He says back just as softly.

"And I'd rather not feel the wrath of your mom," I say but it's muffled by Jake's shirt.

He stays silent not moving a muscle.

"Jake..." I say antagonizing him to get up.

Nothing.

"Jake..."

He groans, "SHHHHHH"

I roll my eyes and catch a glimpse of a grin as he pretends to sleep, soon enough his arms relax and I take the opportunity to roll off the bed which ends in a loud thud. I hear Jake let out a barely audible laugh.

While his eyes are still shut I run to the end of the bed, grab his foot and begin to pull.

"Get up lazy bones!" I shout.

He groans, "NOO"

As I hopelessly tug and get absolutely nowhere I decide to drop his foot and leap onto the bed.

"Time to get up!" I shout as I jump up and down.

Jake puts his hands over his face and rubs his eyes.

I continue to jump and shout, "Time to get up!"

He shakes his head at me, "You really shouldn't be doing that."

"Why not? You need to get up."

"Cause the school nurse and Doctor Jake says so," He raises an eyebrow at me with a smirk.

He sits up and I do one last jump before sitting down next to him.

"You up?" I ask ignoring him.

"Oh my god YES I'M UP" He shouts as he throws a pillow at me and gets off the bed.

I clap with content as I follow him out the door and into the kitchen.

"Finally the food was getting cold," She eyes Jake then with warm eyes looks at me, "How do you feel? You look better?"

"I feel much better. That sleep was much needed," I say as she feels my forehead to make sure I don't have a fever.

She guides me to the table, "A nice warm bowl of my famous homemade chicken soup will make you feel even better!"

I smile as I sit and look at the delicious bowl of soup in front of me, "It smells delicious," I take a spoonful, "It takes even better!"

I sit in silence as I gracefully devour the bowl of soup, getting a second and third bowl.

Jake just sits and laughs - I probably looked like a mix of Belle and the Beast when they were eating soup.

I almost laugh nearly spitting the soup out of my mouth.

"Easy! I would prefer to stay dry thank you," Jake shouts with a laugh.

"Whoops, sorry."

"You done?" He asks.

I take my last spoonful of soup and say, "Yup."

"Good," He gets up, takes my head and, leads me to the couches.

"Hey! I meant with this bowl. I was gonna grab another!" I say freeing my hand and going back to the table.

"Oh. Well, come back when here when you're ready, but don't peak until you're done."