Chapter 16

Drawing closer to the camp, Silverpaw already knew many cats were staring, waiting for them, watching with curious eyes.

Of course she was right, once she approached the slope, many cats stared at them. Sunclan camp was huge! With a small river that ran down the slope and through the camp. There were several tunnels that lead underground, similar to Leafclan's nursery but more! In the center of the clearing, there was a huge pile of fresh kill, mostly rabbits.

A huge orange tabby bounded out of a large bush and met with Brambleflash, a brown tabby with half an ear torn off behind him. Silverpaw instantly recognized Goldenstar. He was bigger up close!

The two Leafclan cats bowed their head respectfully. "Goldenstar, we must talk!" Willowpaw said desperately.

Goldenstar swayed his tail for a moment as if he was thinking to send them away or keep them.

"Goldenstar, they are hurt, let me treat them." Said the brown tabby with the half ear.

Goldenstar looked at them. "What will Leafclan give in return?"

Willowpaw flicked her tail on Silverpaw's shoulder and the message was clear: "told you so."

"Umm..." Silverpaw wobbled.

"Can they think of this after, Goldenstar? They are wounded." The tom Said again.

Goldenstar studied then for moments, looking at Willowpaw Then Silverpaw then back again.

"Fine. We will talk in your den, Weaselbreeze." He signaled Fernpaw and Halfpaw to lead them to a deep den under ground tunnel and Silverpaw couldn't help wonder how they would get out in case of an emergency.

The cats leaped down, Silverpaw expecting it to be like the nursery. It was nothing like the nursery. There were small tunnels that lead to different place and Weaselbreeze smiled with pride. "That tunnel leads to my den, that tunnel leads to the patient area, and that den leads to my herb supply." He purred.

"Why are you giving that information?" Goldenstar leaped in.

"Sorry." The tom put his head down and lead them to the "patient area". He signaled Fernpaw and Halfpaw to leave and moments later, a ginger and white she-cat popped in.

Silverpaw thought Brambleflash was the deputy but this cat named Rosepoppy was.

Silverpaw collapsed in a soft moss bed, Willowpaw in another beside her. Weaselbreeze started immediately, putting herbs in her wounds.

"So why are you here, kits?" Goldenstar asked while the medicine cat worked.

"We are not—" Silverpaw flicked her tail across her mouth and Rosepoppy straightened in amusement.

"We have to talk." Silverpaw replied.

"About what?" Goldenstar sat down.

"You know the gathering? What happened and the 'Silver Havoc'?"

Goldenstar shifted, suddenly interested. "Silver Havoc?"

Willowpaw nodded. "Yes, that's what they named the cat that was apparently going to destroy the clans."

"Ah, Yes." He nodded. "And Patchstar thought Cloudstar had the cat."

"And he attacked." Silverpaw meowed, shivering.

Goldenstar's ears went down. "Oh?"

"And Waveclan." Willowpaw Said.

Rosepoppy silently observed beside him.

"They attacked and took all the silver cats. Killed lots of us." Silverpaw said.

"Including our deputy..." Willowpaw added and realized she shouldn't have said that.

Silverpaw put her head on her paws, looking down, trying not to cry. She felt Willowpaw put her tail on her flank for a moment then continued.

"Cloudstar sent MY siblings to find you and ask for help but they never returned." She hissed.

Goldenstar was silent for a while, while Weaselbreeze stopped working to look at them in shock and surprise."There's nothing I can do about the battle. Sorry for you loss and about your siblings. What do you want from me?" He said respectfully.

Silverpaw looked up. "Do you know where the missing cats went?"

Goldenstar shook his head. "No."

Silverpaw and Willowpaw lost all hope. "But." Goldenstar Said. "I will allow you to take some of my cats over there to ask Waveclan first because Treeclan is more aggressive."

Willowpaw and Silverpaw looked at each-other in joy and happiness. "Thank you so much, Goldenstar!" They both purred their thanks.

"For now, you must rest for a few days. Your wounds are bad." Weaselbreeze meowed.