Chapter 6

The night set over the land, outlining the clouds with light gray.

It was Silverpaw first night in the apprentice den.

She gathered her moss and settled beside Dovepaw.

She wanted to lay beside Spiderpaw but she convinced herself not to. She didn't know how to feel. Was she sad? Mad?

Silverkit shook her head, clearing her thoughts.

Don't let a silly male mess up your first night!

She thought, settling closing her eyes.

....

"Get up!" She felt someone prop her on the side.

She leaped up, hissing.

"Whoa! Whoa!" Spiderpaw stepped back.

She blinked at him. "Spiderpaw?"

He smiled awkwardly. "Yep. Who were you expecting?"

Silverpaw blinked again. "Spiderpaw!" She smiled.

Spiderpaw smiled back. "I wanted to say sorry about yesterday."

Silverpaw wanted to forget about it. She wanted to stop it before he became mad again. "Yeah, what happened?" The words slipped from her mouth.

He shuffled his paws. "I'm sorry. One of my friends said you did it on purpose. You were using me."

Silverpaw felt anger rising.

"She said you were trying to get me in trouble. That's why you asked me to teach you hunting". He continued. "That's why I was kinda uneasy with you. I'm sorry I should've know she was a lying flea bag. I didn't believe her in the first place. Just cautious"

"Who was it?" She demanded.

Spiderpaw stepped back. "Err.."

"Willowpaw. Wasn't it?" She hissed.

Spiderpaw looked at her.

Silverpaw swayed her tail, furiously.

"Don't tell her please." He blurted.

Silverpaw wanted to yowl no and go to Willowpaw and rake her across the face. Why did she care so much what Spiderpaw thought.

"Fine." She sighed. "Now why'd you wake me up." She looked around in the empty den.

"To take you hunting like I promised" he smiled charmingly.

Silverpaw waves her tail. "I'd love that."

This was her first time going hunting. Spiderpaw was going to be the first one.

They were almost out of camp when Stormfire leaped in front of them.

"Where do you think your going?" He asked, his amber eyes looking into Spiderpaw's.

"Hunting." Silverpaw replied.

Stormfire puffed out his chest. "You don't even know how to hunt."

"Yes I do." She stepped forward.

"It's your first day. You have to train with your mentor first and prove it." Stormfire put his tail around her.

Silverpaw looked back at Spiderpaw, alone in the middle of camp.

Stormfire lead her out of camp and tried to focus on her father and not Spiderpaw.

She shook her head. WHY DOES SPIDERPAW KEEPING COMING BACK TO HER?

It was so annoying. She wanted to forget about him and do her normal life. The. She decided to do just that.

She put her FULL attention to Stormfire who looked at her looking at him and they both purred.

I wasn't in it tonight.

I was tired and sorry I did such a poor job

85 reads! Yay! Thx guys! I know it's not much but to me, it's the world!