Chapter 75

Chapter 75

***TWO MONTHS LATER***

Two middle-aged ladies were rushing with their cooking in the kitchen of the Mehta house and were surrounded by other maids to assist them in their work. The two women were discussing between themselves as they continued working.

The bowl in the left hand of one of them fell accidentally and the other yelled while picking up the bowl, "Kasturi, take care of yourself. You are just recovering from the surgery and you should not be doing strenuous work. I reminded you numerous times."

Kasturi turned the knob of the oven while replying, "Veena, you have taken care of me for the past couple of months like my own sister. How can I leave you to do with the cooking all alone on such a special day?"

"No, I did what I was supposed to do. By the way, Kriti is also like my daughter so should I not work today?" Veena asked her.

The atmosphere in the house was very energetic since it was the marriage day of Raghav and Kriti. They had waited for two long months until Kasturi got her heart transplanted and recovered so that she could attend her own daughter's marriage.

Aditi entered the kitchen and asked them, "What are my two sweet mothers-in-law discussing?"

"Nothing important, Aditi. Have you got Kriti ready in her bridal attire?" Kasturi asked her.

"She is getting ready, the parlour girl has arrived from the town. I got little free time so tell me how can I help you both here?" Aditi said smiling widely.

Ankit approached from behind. "Aditi, how many times will I tell you that you are not supposed to work during these days?"

Kasturi and Veena chuckled to one another. Veena said, "See, you have become the apple of his eye. Not even a week passed since you discovered about your pregnancy and he is taking so much care of you."

"Please, now don't tease me." Aditi frowned.

Kasturi squeezed her arm. "Aditi, you are going to give us the greatest happiness in the form of our grandchild. How can we make you work? You go and enjoy the ceremony."

Kasturi and Veena ordered Ankit to take her away while they continued with their preparations in the kitchen. The groom's family was due to arrive at their house in a few hours and every work was needed to be completed.

Outside, Ankit was looking after the preparations of the stage for the wedding and other necessary decorations. Aditi was sitting on a chair and staring at her husband lovingly. She had finally held the strings of her marriage successfully and Ankit was also proving his love for her from time to time.

"Aditi, how will this decoration look like? Will they like it?" he asked her.

"Ankit, they only need to like your sister which they have done two months ago. Decorations don't matter."

"But I want everything to look perfect."

"You are working continuously since morning. Will you care to take some rest? You will again have many works to be done throughout the wedding."

Ankit sat beside her. "But are you giving proper rest to our little one?" He said gazing at her belly.

Aditi laughed. "It is just a three weeks old. I am giving enough rest and nutrients to it."

Ankit wrapped his arm around her shoulders. "I never thought you would accept me some day."

"If you are good enough, you will get everything in life that you wish for," Aditi said as she rested her head against his shoulder.