Chapter 36

Chapter 36

The midnight clock ticked sharply at twelve and Jiyasha kept her eyes stretched in order to avoid sleeping. She was lying on the couch placed in the corner of the room while Aryan was snorting in sleep. She curled her lips and whispered to herself, "He is a jerk. He is snorting in a way as if he hasn't slept for days."

She observed a shift in his blanket and found it annoying. "He is even shifting positions in sleep. What if I try to move out of the room and he wakes up?"

After an another half an hour, she silently sneaked out of the room and switched on her mobile torch. The Saxena villa was void of any person or noise. She walked through the balcony carefully and tried to figure out as to where Amar was. But to her astonishment, she stepped on a marblestone. She picked it up and found 'GODOWN' scribbled on it.

She wondered if Amar had been trying to hint at something taking place in the godown. "Is it regarding the godown at Aryan's office or is Saxena villa having a godown or something else?"

She focused her torch in the dark but didn't find anything visible. But then the crackling of a door nearby alerted her perturbed mind. She switched off the light and hid behind the pillar quickly. A shadow walked past her across the balcony but disappeared after reaching the end of it.

"Who is he now?" Jiyasha shuddered but gathered courage to follow whoever it was. She also reached the dead end and to her surprise, a staircase was narrowing underground from the corner of the corridor.

"This is the godown to which the marblestone was hinting at," Jiyasha thought to herself and glided down the stairs at a snail paced speed.

**

The view of the underground wasn't any good or eye soothing either. The godown smelled of something very sharp and foul. She hid herself against the old glass window pane to the opening of the godown and overheard whatever was going on inside.

She viewed two individuals speaking to each other in hoarse voices but the words they were uttering were not clearly audible to her. One of the men was wearing a black cloak and a large hat, whose brim covered the upper part of his face. Jiyasha could only see the movement of his lips but to her utter happiness, she recognised the other person's voice.

"Tanmay!" she exclaimed to herself.

Tanmay was their rude gardener who had been ordering her every now and then. To her surprise, he was also one of the culprits in the whole mystery.

"Tony, you should leave the electronic chips at the warehouse of the factory tomorrow. I will reach there any time and collect them," the shadowed figure in the black cloak ordered Tanmay.

"So he is known as Tony and not Tanmay!" Jiyasha wondered to herself.

The black cloak man turned towards the exit to leave while Jiyasha ran as soon as possible to avoid getting caught by both men. The corridor was too dark and she was dying to reach her room.

A strong grip in the dark pulled her aside and she could not recognize as to who it was. The stranger pressed his palm against her lips to prevent her from screaming. He then lifted her in his arms and disappeared into an another dark room. By then, Jiyasha had already lost her senses out of fear.

*****

The next morning, Jiyasha regained her senses and she found herself lying on her bed in Aryan's room. As expected, Aryan was also lying next to her. Confused with everything, she twitched an eye when she saw him already staring at her. At once, she remembered what all had happened at night and she became pretty confident of Aryan's knowing everything.