Chapter 26

Chapter 26

Monica and Pooja entered Jiyasha's room and saw her cleaning it. They arranged a little room for themselves in a corner.

"Jiya, how much time do you need to complete it?" Pooja asked her.

"I need time. Do you have any important work?" Jiyasha asked Pooja, ignoring Monica.

"Do your work later but before that, you need to listen to us," Pooja said smiling at Monica.

"What?" Jiyasha asked and in respond to which Monica came near her and hugged her all of a sudden.

Jiyasha detached herself from her annyoingly and Monica said, "I know you are surprised. I had myself told you to not to speak to me again unless you reconcile with Aryan. But I don't want to miss an opportunity this time to involve you in a matter of which you have been the pillar."

"What do you mean?" Jiyasha asked in a husky voice.

"Monica is getting engaged to Kabir tomorrow and she wants to invite you, since you are the only one for whom her love is with her," Pooja said smiling widely.

"Yes Jiya, I don't want to celebrate my happiness all alone without you and even Kabir wanted to invite you. Whatever has happened is between you and me, but you should attend it for Kabir's sake at least," Monica passed the invitation envelope towards Jiyasha.

Jiyasha stared at Monica for quite a couple of minutes and wondered, "She is behaving as if she can't share her happiness without me at all. She thinks that I am the pillar in her love life but she is the only one who has hurt me in my love life, including Aryan."

Jiyasha observed Pooja and Monica's cheerful faces and then took the envelope in her hand.

"The address is mentioned in it," Monica said again, "I'm happy that you took the card. Please don't deny or be angry this time."

Jiyasha nodded and said, "I will attend it, Monica. I don't want others to be upset because of me. I don't want you or Kabir's family to know about our quarrels, you should marry the love of your life though others' lives are spoilt."

"What!" Monica said with a confused look on her face.

"Ignore it. Get ready for the big day, Monica," Jiyasha told her and patted her shoulders. Pooja also moved nearer and hugged the both of them. Jiyasha still had a worried look on her face, a fear of something inevitable.

***

The next day Jiyasha kept herself distant from others and was staying in her own room.  While scuffling through her books at her study table, she thought, "So it's her engagement. She will definitely invite Aryan and I'm going to meet him again or rather see his face! I don't want to go out but...how to tackle everything? And those...."

She went to her cupboard and took out a wooden casket to look at something in it. Her hands shivered in fear with tears in her eyes. She kept it back in place and locked the cupboard. "I'll not go to college unless things are solved. This one person Aryan has been a threat to my studies and career. I'm unable to focus on my project of punishing him, I am not able to attend my classes. I have never learnt to lose in life but now I feel like dying. The college elections are near and this year too, Jatin Sir has nominated my name to be the student secretary. How will I tell him that I won't be able to.. I can't go to classes even..how will I....I..am just....don't know what to do..."

Jiyasha scratched her head and fell heavily on the floor.  She was yelling in grief as tears rolled down her cheeks.

"I hate myself for being like this, I hate myself for falling in danger by trusting wrong people in life. I have my own reasons to go for the engagement tomorrow otherwise I would have denied..but...." Jiyasha covered her face with her palms and began weeping again.