Chapter 68

Chapter 68

Jiyasha was delighted to meet an irked Raghav in the late afternoon. She caught his arm. "I guess you aren't liking India. Why is your mood off?"

"I am upset with you, you betrayed me," he said sadly.

"Holla! What wrong did I do?"

"You didn't tell me about your sibling Kriti at all." Raghav was very fast in blurting out what his heart preserved.

Jiyasha gaped and frowned, both at the same time. "Do I sense something in real? Is it that my brother-in-law has fallen in love with someone?"

Raghav inched the gap between them and held Jiyasha's palms tightly. "Please do something for me as quickly as you can. I beg of you."

Jiyasha was astonished seeing his eagerness in the mention of Kriti and brushed the top of his palm. "Wait Raghav, have some patience. You've just met my sister in the morning. You need to give time to your feelings, you yet don't know her properly."

"I know but I don't think she is bad a girl. After all, she is your sister and what I found is, she is as sweet as you." Raghav was determined.

"Now listen to me first, please." Jiyasha tried to explain him but he wouldn't listen.

Raghav stood apart. "If you are really not ready to help me, I will have to help myself I think."

Avyan, who was listening to their conversation for so long intervened, "Jiyasha, I had warned you earlier. Now understand the consequences of promising to him."

"Please brother, you've found your lady love already. Let me get mine now!" Raghav left the room storming. His childish brain was determined to win his lady love. Jiyasha and Avyan stared at each other's faces without any conclusion to Raghav's demands.

***** 

After dinner. Raghav was standing along the corridor and waited for Kriti to pass that way. He had seen her going to the kitchen to fetch the jug of water and when he heard her approaching footsteps, he straightened himself. As she walked past him, he uttered her name, "Miss Kriti, thank you for helping me out today."

Kriti halted and turned towards him. "I told you it was my courtesy. We generally respond to guests in our country in this way. You don't need to keep showing your gratitude continuously."

Raghav took a step forward. "I am sorry if my words of gratitude are hurting you but I had to show it to you."

"Nothing has hurt me and I am not even asking you for showing gratitude. Be patient."

"I have been a patient since my teenage days."

"Are you suffering from some disease?" Kriti turned serious.

"Yes. A heart disease."

"I am so sorry. I really apologize if my harshness has hurt you."

"No it's alright. Why are you apologizing now after preventing me from apologizing or thanking you?"

"Okay fine. I hope you are keeping better. Is your disease very severe? If you want, I can recommend you to my sister Jiyasha who is a heart specialist."

Raghav suppressed the cramps forming inside his stomach for Kriti was very innocent to understand his silly rants. He laughed as loudly as he could. "No, you are taking it wrong. I am not suffering from any heart disease that you are thinking. It's very different, the heart disease every single-hearted suffer from."

"I didn't get you. Every man is born single-hearted as far as I know."

"No, not that. There are mingle-hearted people too and single-hearted are those who haven't yet joined their hearts with anyone else."