Chapter 6

Chapter 6

It was no less than a mammoth task to sneak into the hostel at night. The girls' hostel had a strict set of rules which the girls had to adhere to. As Pooja was contemplating on how to enter the hostel silently, the warden stopped her.

"Where were you late at night? You are very well aware of the hostel rules. If you don't enter in time, you will be punished or send away by the authorities. I will have to complain to your parents then," the warden was warning Pooja and his gaze fell on a drunken Monica.

"Is she drunk? What are you girls upto?" the warden shouted on them.

"Sorry Sir, this won't happen again. Monica got stuck somewhere and we had to fetch her. Please pardon us for tonight and we are very well before time. There are still two minutes left to eleven," Jiyasha said as she entered through the gate on the bicycle. She was pointing at her wrist watch.

"Were you even out Jiyasha? I thought you were an obedient girl who never stayed out late at night," he was scolding Jiyasha too.

"Sorry Sir, but please give us a last chance," Jiyasha pleaded to him. She knew that they were at fault and in no way she could afford any complaint to reach to her family.

"It is your first and last chance. You have been a good girl so I am letting you go tonight. If you repeat the same again, I will be forced to inform the authorities and also your parents," he gave them a final warning and the girls left for their rooms after pleading apologies again.

The girls entered Jiyasha's room and changed the clothes for Monica. They helped her to lie down on the bed. The girls were getting extremely worried as to what might have happened with Monica that evening.

"Let us stay together beside Monica tonight. If she needs any help, we can assist her," Pooja told Jiyasha.

"Fine but I will talk to her tomorrow." Jiyasha was extremely angry with Monica and her behaviour. Her anger for her was becoming uncontrollable. Pooja lied down beside Monica on the bed while Jiyasha stretched herself on the couch.

A couple of minutes passed when they saw Monica opening her eyes and she sat upright on the bed. She started counting her fingers and spoke in a drunkard voice, "One two three, five, five? Huh! Five comes after four, then why three came before?"

Jiyasha and Pooja exchanged shocking expressions with each other while Monica looked at them, bulging her eyes.

"Hey you girl tell me why?" Monica poked Pooja on her shoulder. "Do you know why the numbers are wrong?"

Pooja was speechless with her behaviour and she kept staring at her blankly. Monica looked at Jiyasha," Hey you point number two girl, why do you look angry? Tell me angry bird. Why three came before five and five came after four?"

Jiyasha threw her pillow towards Monica with her eyes beaming in rage, "Monica, sleep quietly and let us also sleep."

"Ouch! Why are you throwing your baby towards me?" Monica cuddled the pillow, "Oh it is so soft! Your baby is so cute and delicate. Hi baby what is your name?" Monica started playing with the pillow.

"Oh God this girl! She will definitely put me in some huge trouble one day." Jiyasha was fuming in anger. She nodded her head vigorously. She got up from her couch and fetched a sleeping pill. She took the glass of water and held it before Monica.

Monica gazed at the glass doubtfully trying to figure out something. Then she said, "What do you want to do girl? Are you trying to hypnotise me with this glass? Look it's transparent, see it carefully. Put your eyes in this direction." Monica kept glaring at the glass.