Chapter 29: Mia's Family, Alex's Date

Start from the beginning

First time we met, I get called a loser. I smiled because this was a different feeling. Everytime I hear the word 'loser' it was meant to insult me but this wasn't.

"Brandon," Evanna said. "This is Mia. And no? We didn't order pizza."

"Hey Mia," Brandon said before turning his head out the door to the hallway. "She didn't order the pizza, shitheads! I told you but your dumbass wouldn't listen—"

Oh. Wow.

"Brandon, don't curse," Evanna said.

Brandon stared at Evanna for a moment and yelled to the people downstairs. "Next time don't doubt me you... you toad! Ah shit, what the fuck did I just say."

"What did you just call us?" I heard Andrew yell.

"Did you just call us fucking toads?" Another voice yelled, laughing hysterically.

"Dude, I fucking panicked!" Brandon said, leaving the room and going downstairs.

"Sorry about him, he's the rude one," Evanna said.

I laughed. "Your brothers seem cool."

"You still need to meet 3 more?"

"Jayden, Daniel, Alex..."

"Does Alex and Andrew look alike? Are they identical twins?" I asked.

She nodded. "Yeah. Andrew's taller and his hair is lighter than Alex's."

"Another question, did you dye your hair pink?"

Evanna laughed. "No, my brothers put permanent hair dye in my shampoo and conditioner."

"It looks nice on you," I complimented.

"Aw, thanks," she said, smiling.

"We should start practice for chorus."

"Yeah... where's the music sheet?"

"Here."

"Thanks."

Then we started off with hearing how it goes and trying to do it. Evanna said she'll do the melody and I said I'll do the harmony. When I first heard her I was actually really surprised because she sounded so good.

"See? You are good!" I exclaimed.

"I'm sure you're better. Your turn," she teased.

So even though I was insecure about my singing I tried and she had the same reaction I did.

"Liar, you said you weren't good!" She said, shoving me while laughing.

I laughed along. "Okay, okay. How about we start trying to sing together?"

It took about half an hour to almost perfect it.

"Woah," Ethan said, coming in the room. "I didn't know you two can sing. That's really good though."

"Thanks," Evanna and I replied at the same time.