vii

***

"can you sleep?" the girl asked.

"...no" he replied.

both of them were exhausted.

Yet , they had a lot of thoughts in mind.

"if there was a next life...can we meet?" she said suddenly.

"i hope we can. not in a way like this though." he replied.

"yeah...but i'm glad."

"why?"

"i get to meet up with such an amazing person like you." she said.

"i don't want to wait for my death to say my last words as i may can't say it later. But...if now is where i take my last breath , can i say my last words for you?" she asked.

"of course."

"...thank you for being my roommate , my friend , my advisor. We may have met for only a week but , if you didn't come to my room that day , i may have never knew what hope meant. thank you...for staying by my side , teaching me everything...thank you." she said as a tear flow from her eyes.

"...i didn't do much...it was you. you were the one who was dedicated on doing those things." he smiled.

"besides...i think i should tell you my last words now too." he continued.

"i always thought that i should give hope to myself only as i always felt everyone around me wasn't suffering like i was. But...you made me noticed. That everyone needs their own hope. everyone has their own difficulties. thank you...for making me realize this before i die." he smiled.

without them knowing, the sun was rising , greeting both of them morning.

but they were too exhausted and didn't know that the sun was saying hello.

but at that moment , they felt that the weighs that was on their shoulders,

were lifted up as they relaxed,

and fall into deep slumber.