(Images are used for representational purpose only

Йой! Нажаль, це зображення не відповідає нашим правилам. Щоб продовжити публікацію, будь ласка, видаліть його або завантажте інше.

(Images are used for representational purpose only.)

I took an empty seat and began reading the novel I carried with me. After reading two pages, I got bored and shut it closed. I closed my eyes and decided to take a nap. I was about to fall asleep when a loud crash made me jump out of my seat.

A guy landed on my table, skid across it and fell on the floor. I blinked and saw the librarian rushing towards the fallen guy.

What was going on today? I just needed some sleep. Soon, I saw some guys appear with hockey sticks in their hands. They were the same guys who had disturbed my lecture earlier.

Gang war in the broad daylight? So many against one person? Were these guys nuts? The one who I supposed was their leader, shoved the librarian out of the way and began punching the fallen guy. Blood. So much blood.

He would kill him. Why wasn't anyone helping? I looked around and saw that everyone had fled from the scene including the librarian, except the boys with hockey sticks, their leader and me.

What? Then what was I doing here?

I got up to leave too but my legs had a mind of their own. Instead of going towards the exit, they made their way towards the action scene and soon, I found myself pulling the guy who was landing punch after punch on the fallen one. How could someone be so brutal?

"You will kill him. Stop!" I yelled.

"You again?" I was pulled away and thrown aside. I looked up and saw the bouncer guy. He was glaring at me so intensely.

"What are you doing standing around? Stop him."

"Mind your own business," he spat.

Oh right. They were on the same team. How was I going to stop this? Think. Think. Think. By this time, teachers should have arrived here.

"It's better if you run. Now," he seethed.

Sandhya, do you want to be killed on your second day of college? No. Do you want your parents and friends to cry on your untimely demise? No. Do you want to die unmarried? No! Of course not!

Then why the heck are you still here?! You should listen to his advice. But have I ever done the right thing in such situations? Of course not.

I tackled the guy whose name was Mayank to the ground. Aha! You didn't see that coming, did you? I got to know his name because others were chanting his name continuously.

"Who the fuck are you?" Mayank pushed me off of him. He adjusted his leather jacket and ran his hand through his raven hair, which were styled in a side-part hairstyle. He was quite handsome with a strong jawline and straight nose.

Focus, Sandhya.

I stood in front of the beaten guy while the other guys-who had hockey sticks by the way-stared at me wide eyed. I should have called Surbhi before jumping in.